Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chicago Cubs

Carpenter was called up to the majors for the first time with the Chicago Cubs on June 14, 2011.[1] He made his debut that day against the Milwaukee Brewers, pitching two-thirds of an inning with one strikeout.

Boston Red Sox

Carpenter was dealt to the Boston Red Sox on February 21, 2012 as compensation for the Cubs hiring then-Boston General Manager Theo Epstein.[2]

Carpenter was designated for assignment on January 22, 2013 to the Pawtucket Red Sox to make room for newly signed Mike Napoli.[3]

By the way Jim Duquette was wrong on no MLB players can be traded.

That could be. I was just reporting what Jim said.

It shouldn't have been a story at all before the Orioles were contacted. This unnecessarily put the Orioles on the defensive having to respond to it. Once the rumor was out there, it manufactured a problem in the front office.

What exactly is the rumor, Didnt Toronto publicy state they were interested in DD and have contacted the Orioles.

From what Peter said, they are refusing to let them talk to DD.

“We are not negotiating with them in any way. They have expressed interest in Dan Duquette, which we understand because Dan is an exceptional GM. But we are not in any negotiations with Mr. Rogers. We have a contract [with Duquette], and that’s the end of it.”

This could just be a tactic to stop all the rumors for now but if this is true, IMO this may have had some negative impact with DD by denying him a chance at a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post

Jim D on mlbradio said he thought that DD really wanted to spend the money on Cruz and got squashed. I wonder if that was part of what set things in motion.

Most Oriole fans knew the Owner doesn't like to spend.

What exactly is the rumor, Didnt Toronto publicy state they were interested in DD and have contacted the Orioles?
They have not. We are finding out only in the past week that contacts were made. Back in December, all this started with rumors of Toronto's wish list.

It is Ken's job to do these sorts of things, but I want to make two points about it.

1) It isn't the information, but the innuendo he creates that is packaged with the "facts" and the glee that he takes in making it sound sordid that makes my stomach turn.

2) I agree that most reporting has become this crazy version of scoop journalism, but all that makes me think is that the job blows. I couldn't do it and look myself in the mirror. It is a version of prostitution and succumbing to the lowest denominator IMHO.

I was surprised Roch used the word toxic, but he was clearly quoting someone directly. I thought Britt's take last night about others wanting credit and the ability to show they could do well without DD was more on point. In jobs like these, there is always a ton of competition due to the limited nature of these sorts of positions.

No doubt. The job seems to have evolved to the point where the whole goal is to drive fleeting traffic to websites and twitter feeds. 140 character "journalism". I'm sure none of the sports journalists that have been around as long as Rosenthal likes what has happened to their jobs either.

Which would be ironic because I think there's still a good chance that Kubiak ends up in Denver!

Jim D on mlbradio said he thought that DD really wanted to spend the money on Cruz and got squashed. I wonder if that was part of what set things in motion.

I may very well be wrong, but I don't believe it. I just don't think any of our three major FA were worth what they got and DD knew this. We all know you can get the same production for Markakis for much cheaper. I don't know many people believe Cruz will play out the value of his contract. Miller wanted the opportunity to battle for the closer spot and to be paid like it-we couldn't do it.

Which is why they are right behind the Rays and Astros in payroll!

Jim Duquette got squashed. Dan Duquette doesn't.

I can promise you that I will address some of this at fanfest. If Dan still works in Baltimore.

Which is why they are right behind the Rays and Astros in payroll!

Only cause the arbitration cost. Just wait next year when that 65m comes off the books and the Orioles spend 80m for 2016.

Archived