Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I'm glad we asked for an extreme amount because if anyone would be dumb enough to do it, it would be Ed Rogers.

My own feeling on this was jays agreed to Hoffman but balked on other 2 prospects. I'm okay with the result. Would not be surprised to see Rogers come back and give 2 of 3 prospects or all 3. Whatever keeps the jays down I'm all for it...can't stand them

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So still we haven't heard anything from PA besides what he last said about DD staying and they weren't negotiating. Everything else seems to just be media hype.

Correct. Everyone got what they wanted. Dan to stay in Baltimore. Ed Rogers was the only person who wished differently ;)

Dan Duquette didn't get what he wanted. Are you trying to tell us he wanted to stay here all along?

Dan isn't part of it. He got winged by Ed Rogers. Like Ken Williams did. He got his chance. They did not want him it appears. At least Peter Angelos gave him a chance to go if they really did want him.

You are in serious denial if you think Duquette had no part in this.

Plus, you didn't respond to this. Are you saying that Dan Duquette got what he wanted? Are you saying he didn't really want to get the Toronto job?

I have no idea what he wanted. I assume like 98 % of the population he would appreciate a 5x compensation. You are in serious denial if you think Dan reached out to them and was not tampered with.

Apparently we asked for 3 prospects back?

Seems like we overplayed our hand a little, but I'm glad it's seemingly over. I just hope he actually wants to be here.

Dan Duquette IS worth a ton in prospects and more. Have to give kudos to Angelos on this one, he locked Dan up to 2018 (voluntarily) then when MLB wouldn't bring tampering charges against the Blue Jays he just raised the bar to the sky and won hands down.

This was a master move when all odds were against him. Well done Peter Angelos.

No one knows what Dan wanted because he refused to speak on it. I have no doubt he was interested, as anyone would be at a promotion. If he truly never talked to them, he has no idea what the job entailed, how much he would be paid, etc... Therefore, Dan couldn't know if he wanted the job either.

Thanks for not answering a direct question once again. Very evasive lately. Do you get beaten or something if you admit that Dan Duquette did not get what he wanted whether that be just an interview for the job or the job itself?

What do you want him to say? He answered your question about as well as he could. You just didn't like the answer. You think weams has special insight in to Dan's state of mind?

Thanks for not answering a direct question once again. Very evasive lately. Do you get beaten or something if you admit that Dan Duquette did not get what he wanted whether that be just an interview for the job or the job itself?

No, I don't. I don't know what Dan wanted inside his heart of hearts. I know he will be just fine.

What do you want him to say? He answered your question about as well as he could. You just didn't like the answer. You think weams has special insight in to Dan's state of mind?

I have not asked Dan one question about this since it all started. Not one.

Pretty sure he would rather be a GM then out of baseball for the next decade.

Not sure there is any other option available to him.

Dan loves being executive of the year and being one of 30 once again after missing it badly for ten years.

Archived