Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it ironic that as tuned in as most people on this site are, none of us saw this coming. Talk about blindsided.

I never saw this coming in a thousand years.

Frankly I hope I still asleep and this is a bad dream.

Hopefully it amounts to nothing but it does make me realize just how much respect I have for the guy and how intrical a part of this teams success I think he is.

Dan has not been approached on this he is under contract. Peter Angelos would have to give permission to allow this to proceed.

Good point - as of right now, this is just some undisclosed source's comment. Would Angelos's blessing provide the necessary conflict? I would think so.

You don't know that. This could just be a wish list by the Jays organization and they haven't even contacted Duquette. Sure, that's possible. It's also possible that the Jays have narrowed their list to a few names. It's possible that they put feelers out there to see who would be interested. There may not have been any formal meetings but it's certainly possible he was approached on some level (phone call or in person) to gauge his possible interest.

That would be tampering. No?

If Dan leaves i give Buck 1 more year till he retires from Baseball.

Yeah, you said that already. Sorry that your baseless opinion didn't rile more anger.

Oh, wow, you deleted the original post saying this exact same thing on the first page of this thread just so you could repost it here to attempt to drum up more outrage. Awesome!

Isn't it ironic that as tuned in as most people on this site are, none of us saw this coming. Talk about blindsided.
How in the world would someone know about something like this?

Of course we couldn't have known. But given Dan's success, you would think at least a few of us would have speculated about its possible occurrence.

I think Dan is just finding out. Let alone us. This leak is from inside the Blue Jays Rogers Camp.

DD is way way to smart for that

Look DD has NOTHING to lose by saying ...yea sure maybe I would have an interest and seeing were the road leads to.

Its a grand chess master move by a grand chess master. The O's can either pony up some money, a shiny new title and some increased autonomy or he has someone who will...its frankly a brilliant brilliant plan. Its one I also think DD is smart enough to think of, he did not get where he is by being without know how to play the game and how to use everything he can to get what he wants.

It would only make me love DD more if true

Archived