Can we steal Dexter Fowler from the Blue Jays?

25 Nuggets

Good points. I in no way expected Cruz to have the year for us that he did. Guess that was just me. Is it because he never played that many games healthy before?

He did play 159 games in 2012. He's always been known to have leg issues. I think Buck DH him so much helped keep him rested. I don't think Nelson will hit 40 HR, but I think he would have been good for 30-35. I wouldn't have went 4 years on Cruz. I think we should have gotten Kemp. Joseph is a better all around C then Grandel. Wieland isn't impressive. Joseph, Wright, and Matusz for Kemp and $30m would have been reasonable.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did play 159 games in 2012. He's always been known to have leg issues. I think Buck DH him so much helped keep him rested. I don't think Nelson will hit 40 HR, but I think he would have been good for 30-35. I wouldn't have went 4 years on Cruz. I think we should have gotten Kemp. Joseph is a better all around C then Grandel. Wieland isn't impressive. Joseph, Wright, and Matusz for Kemp and $30m would have been reasonable.

We didn't. We must not have loved Kemp.

You're also expecting guys to repeat years that they never have been able to even accomplish before. It is only December, but there is also no Nelson Cruz type players left to sign. You also assume Manny and Wieters will return to pre-injury form and that Davis improves. But, I am sure that I'm not a real fan for having those concerns.

I have never said I expected or wanted us to stand pat. I said the additions should be few in number and intelligent. I think there is plenty of time to add to this lineup...preferably via trade. I was merely reacting to the disappointment that I have seen from many people about the lack of activity so far. If they go into March without adding anything substantial to the lineup and are using depth players as starters, I will be disappointed and griping. My track record on this site is not that of some blind apologist for the higher ups. I am not worried yet at all.

Yes and No. I would have taken a shot on Kemp for 5/75 giving up the guys I mentioned. Im fine not spending what it would have taken to keep Cruz. Markakis? I can't give an unbiased opinion. He's always going to be an Orioles to me.

All very fair statements. And it will take years to see how things play out.

I have never said I expected or wanted us to stand pat. I said the additions should be few in number and intelligent. I think there is plenty of time to add to this lineup...preferably via trade. I was merely reacting to the disappointment that I have seen from many people about the lack of activity so far. If they go into March without adding anything substantial to the lineup and are using depth players as starters, I will be disappointed and griping. My track record on this site is not that of some blind apologist for the higher ups. I am not worried yet at all.

Im sorry. My comment wasn't trying to single you out. The general feeling is that the current roster is good enough to contend. I think if everyone comes back healthy and produces, then yeah. But I don't think we're a serious threat to win a WS. And I thought that was the goal of an GMAIL and owner.

Im sorry. My comment wasn't trying to single you out. The general feeling is that the current roster is good enough to contend. I think if everyone comes back healthy and produces, then yeah. But I don't think we're a serious threat to win a WS. And I thought that was the goal of an GMAIL and owner.

I think that Cruz needs to be replaced by someone substantial from outside the organization. I also think another OF should be added, but some of free agent options could work for that slot. I expect a bit of bullpen addition as well. Assuming Young is signed, that looks manageable to me for this point in the offseason. So, I am not panicking. I expect those things will happen. If our bench is starting in March, I will be unhappy, and we will be too thin.

We will see who is a serious threat to win a World Series once the playoff teams have been decided.

Yes and No. I would have taken a shot on Kemp for 5/75 giving up the guys I mentioned. Im fine not spending what it would have taken to keep Cruz. Markakis? I can't give an unbiased opinion. He's always going to be an Orioles to me.
Joseph played 82 games last year had an OPS+ 74 and while playing good defense for half a season may set off alarms for some it's more likely he'll have to prove himself over the course of a full season before he's considered a trade chip. He was considered at one time not to be very good at all defensively and that came from within our own organization.

He might be packaged with someone as this season progresses but he's still somewhat of an unknown quantity. At least he will be until he proves he can replicate the defensive prowess he exhibited last year.

Joseph played 82 games last year had an OPS+ 74 and while playing good defense for half a season may set off alarms for some it's more likely he'll have to prove himself over the course of a full season before he's considered a trade chip. He was considered at one time not to be very good at all and that came from within our own organization.

He might be packaged with someone as this season progresses but he's still somewhat of an unknown quantity. At least he will be until he proves he can replicate the defensive prowess he exhibited last year.

I am very glad for Caleb that he had last year. I do not see him as a starting MLB catcher.

Archived