Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

Thought it would be good to go ahead and make one thread to cover the next week of BRob rumors :D

First rumored deal was for Gallagher, Marshall, Murton...

Later rumored to be for Pie & Gallagher...

Then rumored to be for Gallagher, Marshall, Cedeno, Veal...

Have I missed any?

What are the latest rumblings insiders...?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought it would be good to go ahead and make one thread to cover the next week of BRob rumors :D

First rumored deal was for Gallagher, Marshall, Murton...

Later rumored to be for Pie & Gallagher...

Then rumored to be for Gallagher, Marshall, Cedeno, Veal...

Have I missed any?

What are the latest rumblings insiders...?

An outsider here hoping they keep him and offer him a 5 year extension.

That would be the dumbest thing a team could do in rebuild mode...Especially if the player is 30+ years old.

Now, now, let's cool it on the hyperboles. The guy's just stating his opinion. Roberts presents a much different situation than Miggi or Bedard. There are actual arguments on either side for this one. I'm still in favor of moving him for the right package, but if the Cubs won't offer enough (and we don't have any idea what they're offering, let's be realistic), then I say keep the guy as the "face" of the franchise since he will actually still play hard and provide above-average defense in the infield. He isn't what you'd call discontent, especially if he sees improvement in the young guys. Bottom line is, he's not an absolute "must move" like Miggi and Bedard were.

But if we get a decent package (and we might not until well into spring training) then you pull the trigger.

That would be the dumbest thing a team could do in rebuild mode...Especially if the player is 30+ years old.

I'n not so sure keeping a 31 year old who's the second best lead off hitter is the dumbest thing; especially one who could be a valuable team leader on and off the field. Keeping the likes of Gibbons, Millar, Huff, Payton, and Ramon, could possibly be slightly dumber.

Now, now, let's cool it on the hyperboles. The guy's just stating his opinion. Roberts presents a much different situation that Miggi or Bedard. There are actual arguments on either side for this one. I'm still in favor of moving him for the right package, but if the Cubs won't offer enough (and we don't have any idea what they're offering, let's be realistic), then I say keep the guy as the "face" of the franchise since he will actually still play hard and provide above-average defense in the infield. He isn't what you'd call discontent, especially if he sees improvement in the young guys. Bottom line is, he's not an absolute "must move" like Miggi and Bedard were.

But if we get a decent package (and we might not until well into spring training) then you pull the trigger.

A voice of reason. Thank you.

I vote to keep B-Rob. Inless we get a package back that involves Pie or Hill. I am sorry but i can't see Gallagher as the Main player in the trade. He is a good pitcher and all could be a nice #3 starter but i still don't think he is good enough for Roberts. The other names i heard(Murton,Cedeno,Marshall) Don't impress me either. Inless Felix Pie or Rich Hill is in it i would refuse to talk trade to them. Hopefully Andy plays hardball like he did on Bedard trade.

Now, now, let's cool it on the hyperboles. The guy's just stating his opinion. Roberts presents a much different situation that Miggi or Bedard. There are actual arguments on either side for this one. I'm still in favor of moving him for the right package, but if the Cubs won't offer enough (and we don't have any idea what they're offering, let's be realistic), then I say keep the guy as the "face" of the franchise since he will actually still play hard and provide above-average defense in the infield. He isn't what you'd call discontent, especially if he sees improvement in the young guys. Bottom line is, he's not an absolute "must move" like Miggi and Bedard were.

I want to trade him now...After the second half he had, I am not so sure his value will be any higher than it is right now.

I'n not so sure keeping a 31 year old who's the second best lead off hitter is the dumbest thing; especially one who could be a valuable team leader on and off the field. Keeping the likes of Gibbons, Millar, Huff, Payton, and Ramon, could possibly be slightly dumber.

How could he be a team leader? He has already publicly said he doesn't want to be the last one standing, and does not want to be a part of a rebuilding effort -- he wants to win. If we keep him and start losing, which is very likely, he will show his unhappiness as he did last year. You could tell by the way he played he wasn't happy. An unhappy player is the exact opposite of a team leader.

I vote to keep B-Rob. Inless we get a package back that involves Pie or Hill. I am sorry but i can't see Gallagher as the Main player in the trade. He is a good pitcher and all could be a nice #3 starter but i still don't think he is good enough for Roberts. The other names i heard(Murton,Cedeno,Marshall) Don't impress me either. Inless Felix Pie or Rich Hill is in it i would refuse to talk trade to them. Hopefully Andy plays hardball like he did on Bedard trade.

Can I ask a question? Can someone post a poll thing (I'm old have no idea how to do it). Not IF BRob will be traded, but given the trades so far, do you want RBob traded? It seems to be running 60/40. IMO. Thank you. If not maybe the Sun could do it. By the way, the OH is the best place to spend the off season.

They say since Adam Jones came to us in the trade we will not go after Pie. Well Luke Scott is not really a good fielder we could always throw Scott in DH and put Pie in Center or LF and put Jones at LF or Center which ever one Pie is not at. Who is going to play 2nd also? Fahey? I heard rumors that Adam Jones can play Short? I don't know. I just don't like the Gallagher and other packages.

If Pie,Hill and Colvin are off-limits well then Roberts is off-limits we need good talented prospects back now just one great prospect with a bunch of okay's....we are talking about one of he best 2nd baseman in the league.

The second half Roberts had lowered his value..If he repeated his first half numbers, we could have gotten Pie, Hill, or Colvin. I don't see why we need another outfielder, so we don't need Pie or Colvin. Hill is like their #2 starter, so they wouldn't destroy their SP for a 2B when they already have a good 2B. Sean Gallagher, Sean Marshall, Eric Patterson, Donald Veal, Ronnie Cedeno, Matt Murton, Mike Fontenot, and possibly a couple others are all possibilities. Three to four of them would be enough for me.

Archived