Bundy

MdSooner

The guy has proven nothing and for ppl to be so sarcastic to someone who doesnt understand why ppl expect him to be a All Star the first season he plays is very ugly and disrespectful. Not to mention ignorant. He's a highly rated prospect, so what, it means nothing.

Very classless by some of you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy has proven nothing and for ppl to be so sarcastic to someone who doesnt understand why ppl expect him to be a All Star the first season he plays is very ugly and disrespectful. Not to mention ignorant. He's a highly rated prospect, so what, it means nothing.

Who, exactly, is expecting him to be an all star his first season?

I think it is classless to claim posters are taking positions that they are not taking.

LOL what? It means nothing? really??

He was the #1 ranked prospect in baseball a few years ago. Teams wish they have Bundy arm in their farm system. We are fortunate to have both Bundy and Harvey, two highly ranked prospects

but again... that means nothing?

Oh I agree. I think some posters are being incredibly pessimistic concerning Bundy. I think he was pretty much where he was supposed to be last fall and should be impressive this spring.

I think I am about as high on him as anyone is publicly admitting.

Wait a minute there, bub. You're not any higher than I am. I'll make this my coming out party for him if you like.

Seriously, with his work ethic and plus offerings of all three pitches he throws-what's not to like? I fully expect to see him in the rotation next year.

A small amount of research on Google would have likely answered his question. It's not like there aren't a gajillion different articles discussing Dylan on a gajillion different websites.

Not to sound like a dink, but if he can post here, he has the tools necessary to answer his own question ;)

LOL what? It means nothing? really??

He was the #1 ranked prospect in baseball a few years ago. Teams wish they have Bundy arm in their farm system. We are fortunate to have both Bundy and Harvey, two highly ranked prospects

but again... that means nothing?

It means nothing until you got on the field and prove it.

I can google players that were highly ranked and failed to live up to expectations.

And I have no doubt every team would love him in their farm system - like you said.

Wait a minute there, bub. You're not any higher than I am. I'll make this my coming out party for him if you like.

Seriously, with his work ethic and plus offerings of all three pitches he throws-what's not to like? I fully expect to see him in the rotation next year.

He throws four pitches. I would not, at this point, call his change-up plus. I would say three of his four offerings were plus before surgery.

It means nothing until you got on the field and prove it.

I can google players that were highly ranked and failed to live up to expectations.

And I have no doubt every team would love him in their farm system - like you said.

The problem is that you are looking at this the wrong way. Yes, there are examples of failed top prospects. Just like there are numerous failed mid-range, fringe and non-prospect prospects. For every guy who was overlooked success story, there are countless guys who have never been heard from because they were rightly overlooked. The reason the failed top-prospects are Google-able is because they stand out. These are the guys with the best chance for success. It's not a guarantee, but if I were to draw randomly from guys in the top-100 prospect rankings and you were to draw randomly from the non-ranked masses, I'm pretty confident my team would have the most success in 5 years, while your would likely have rare appearance in the Majors. This becomes even more dramatic with top-end guys like Bundy. That is why.

I have to ask you: what is your aversion to spelling out the word "people?" You've pretty much managed to comply with the board rules about punctuation and grammar in every other way. I shouldn't care, but for some reason, it's been bugging me.

As to Bundy, my expectation is that he starts in AA, hopefully does well enough to be moved to AAA in June, and is ready to help the major league team in August/September. He has no minor league options left after 2015, so there is some pressure to get him ready for the majors this year despite the fact that he only has about 1.5 years of minor league experience, mostly at lower levels, under his belt.

I have to ask you: what is your aversion to spelling out the word "people?" You've pretty much managed to comply with the board rules about punctuation and grammar in every other way. I shouldn't care, but for some reason, it's been bugging me.

As to Bundy, my expectation is that he starts in AA, hopefully does well enough to be moved to AAA in June, and is ready to help the major league team in August/September. He has no minor league options left after 2015, so there is some pressure to get him ready for the majors this year despite the fact that he only has about 1.5 years of minor league experience, mostly at lower levels, under his belt.

Thankfully Bundy was in the last draft class that allowed players out of HS to sign major league contracts. It is always a risky proposition with pitchers.

Well, I'm higher than all of you.........wait wrong thread

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MLIykLJanEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a9RprMT0TFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-onRfuWe0DQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whoa Bundy

Archived