How many sure things do we have in our lineup right now?

ChuckS

There are several places you can go to find out what situational is. I could tell you I'm shocked that you don't know what it is, but I'm not.

If you taped game 2 against KC, there is a good example of what situational hitting should be. The Orioles are down 1 game to none. It's the bottom of the 7th, the score is tied, there are NO OUTS and runners are on first and second.

Someone :rolleyes: strikes out on 3 pitches while trying to hit a 3 run homer. That was the AB of the series right there.

It amazes me you don't understand the concept. My 8 year old nephew has it down pat.

If you watch teams like the Giants, Cardinals and Royals (just a few examples), you might catch on to the concept. It's been around A LONG TIME.

Also, being ranked 6th in runs out of 15 teams is not a great offense, it's an above average offense driven heavily be the HR ball.

You know what I like to see in that situation? A good old fashioned defensive swing with two strikes that results in a nice 6-4-3 double play! I would much rather have it be a runner on third with two outs then runners on first and second with one out.

Nothing better to me then having the O's run expectancy cut by more then half!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are several places you can go to find out what situational is. I could tell you I'm shocked that you don't know what it is, but I'm not.

If you taped game 2 against KC, there is a good example of what situational hitting should be. The Orioles are down 1 game to none. It's the bottom of the 7th, the score is tied, there are NO OUTS and runners are on first and second.

Someone :rolleyes: strikes out on 3 pitches while trying to hit a 3 run homer. That was the AB of the series right there.

It amazes me you don't understand the concept. My 8 year old nephew has it down pat.

If you watch teams like the Giants, Cardinals and Royals (just a few examples), you might catch on to the concept. It's been around A LONG TIME.

Also, being ranked 6th in runs out of 15 teams is not a great offense, it's an above average offense driven heavily be the HR ball.

I feel sorry for Pat.

:agree: I'd take a draft netting a Roberts plus a Bedard every season, please. That was almost like saying the 1965 Bears' draft netted Butkus and Sayers, but not much else.

Not really, Butkus and Sayers are hall of famers regarded by some to be the best players at their positions of all time.

Roberts and Bedard had a few all star years between them.

Good Lord, he was just saying that a draft that results in two players that are eventually All Stars is an above average result. This isn't really a debatable point. His sentence about the Bears' draft was intentional hyperbole to push home his point. What has happened to this place?
Sun Board...Closed.

Really? Didn't know that. Sounds plausible.

Yep. A couple of years ago. Some people that migrated have been quality posters, but there is a lot of rabble rousing too.

Also, I think winning has brought some of the fairer weather fans that are very demanding and not concerned with realities.

Yep. A couple of years ago. Some people that migrated have been quality posters, but there is a lot of rabble rousing too.

Also, I think winning has brought some of the fairer weather fans that are very demanding and not concerned with realities.

There have always been posters of all different types of opinions and sophistication on this board. I don't think that's changed much in the 11 years I've been posting here. I'm just surprised at how many posters haven't changed their attitude even one iota after three straight winning seasons.

There have always been posters of all different types of opinions and sophistication on this board. I don't think that's changed much in the 11 years I've been posting here. I'm just surprised at how many posters haven't changed their attitude even one iota after three straight winning seasons.

Attitude is the vehicle, attention is the destination.

I moved here from Oklahoma. My better half and I got season tickets in 2011. Prior to that the last time I cared about MLB was in the 1980's

Archived