Showalter to meet with Rasmus

33rdst

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like the idea of Rasmus, but I really like the idea of a Lough/Pearce platoon at one of the outfield spots. IF Rasmus is signed as the full-time RF, I would like to see De Aza moved in another deal. I'd really like to see what Lough can do with regular at bats against RHP.

I agree, hadn't really considered dealing De Aza, but with if Ramus comes aboard, that might be the best way to go.

I'm not talking about the content of the conversation. 25 Nuggets post assumes that Showalter and Rasmus have already had their meeting in Georgia. I don't tknow that to be correct.

Yeah Frobby; sorry but RZNJ is correct. I didn't see how the story would be leaked so far ahead of the scheduled meeting but apparently it was.

I had a different interpretation of what 25 Nuggets meant by "I'm guessing the conversation is over at this point." I thought what he was saying is, "I'm guessing that if Buck tells him there will be an open competition, the meeting will be over because Rasmus won't be interested." But your more literal interpretation of what he meant (that he thought the meeting had occurred already) may be correct.

I would never think Buck would say these words unless he did not want the player at all.

The Orioles believe they no longer have to hard sell anybody about joining their team. They’ve made the playoffs two of the last three years, have plenty of talent, a jewel of a ballpark and an enthusiastic fan base.

Showalter is meeting with Rasmus to hear what the 28-year-old outfielder has to say and to determine whether he’ll mesh with the current Orioles. There’s no question Rasmus has talent, but he’s shown it only in spurts and he hasn’t been able to maintain consistency. He’s been labeled an underachiever, a brooder and difficult to coach.

Dan Connolly

Archived