Showalter to meet with Rasmus

33rdst

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the Cubs are going after Zobrist and Rasmus. Zobrist as their leadoff hitter to provide a high OBP and play 2B. Of course, Zobrist is a favorite of Joe Maddon.

Rasmus to play CF and give 23 year old Arismendy Alcantara time to develop as a hitter.

Jim Duquette said this morning that he "heard there is deal" Rasmus could sign with the Cubs. Sounds like the Cubs are ahead of the O's in negotiation with Rasmus and are being more aggressive.

http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2015/01/report-cubs-remain-interested-free-agent-colby-rasmus.php#.VKmmN5g5DzI

Sounds like the Cubs are going after Zobrist and Rasmus. Zobrist as their leadoff hitter to provide a high OBP and play 2B. Of course, Zobrist is a favorite of Joe Maddon.

Rasmus to play CF and give 23 year old Arismendy Alcantara time to develop as a hitter.

Jim Duquette said this morning that he "heard there is deal" Rasmus could sign with the Cubs. Sounds like the Cubs are ahead of the O's in negotiation with Rasmus and are being more aggressive.

http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2015/01/report-cubs-remain-interested-free-agent-colby-rasmus.php#.VKmmN5g5DzI

That is news from three weeks ago.

“heard there is a deal” Colby Rasmus could sign with the Cubs.
It has been stated that an offer was extended that for some reason he did not want. Maybe it is a two year deal. I'm not saying that he wont sign the Cubs deal. And maybe Buck does not want to extend an offer to Colby either.

Well, if there's another team involved we rarely are the team making the deal.

That is news from three weeks ago. It has been stated that an offer was extended that for some reason he did not want. Maybe it is a two year deal. I'm not saying that he wont sign the Cubs deal. And maybe Buck does not want to extend an offer to Colby either.
The front office would like to add a left-handed hitting centerfielder to the roster, but it was believed Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer were exploring options for a centerfielder that would be able to hit at the top of the lineup. Based on Rasmus’ recent history, he would not be a good fit for the Cubs if the front office is trying to add on-base percentage to the roster.

Or maybe the Cubs withdrew?

Well, if the Cubs want Rasmus to be their everyday centerfielder then we are probably out on this one.

That is news from three weeks ago. It has been stated that an offer was extended that for some reason he did not want. Maybe it is a two year deal. I'm not saying that he wont sign the Cubs deal. And maybe Buck does not want to extend an offer to Colby either.

From what I read the Cubs liked Rasmus for CF but wanted a leadoff hitter. They didn't like Rasmus OBP to be a leadoff hitter. Now that Zobrist is available and can leadoff, the Cubs think Rasmus can be the CF and hit down in the order. Zobrist availability has changed their thinking.

The article I read claimed that the Cubs have better prospects to offer the Rays then the Angels, Giants and Nationals who are also in on Zobrist.

From what I read the Cubs liked Rasmus for CF but wanted a leadoff hitter. They didn't like Rasmus OBP to be a leadoff hitter. Now that Zobrist is available and can leadoff, the Cubs think Rasmus can be the CF and hit down in the order. Zobrist availability has changed their thinking.

The article I read claimed that the Cubs have better prospects to offer the Rays then the Angels, Giants and Nationals who are also in on Zobrist.

We'll see. I don't believe it. Jim is never right on this stuff.

So Matt goes back behind the plate and never misses a beat. He goes all Nelson and smacks 40 HR's and drives in 100 plus. Then signs a 10 year, 300 million dollar deal with the Yankee's. Great.

They committed to McCann for a long time. Worry about Boston.

Archived