It's great to feel trust and confidence in your organization

Frobby

“I wouldn’t say it’s a real tight-knit group. I think we need to bring in some fresh faces.” – Blue Jays manager John Gibbons, radio interview, Sept. 29, 2014 (the day after the season finale)

“It was a terrible clubhouse. There were people around there who said to me that this was the most dysfunctional clubhouse they’ve ever been around in Major League Baseball.” – Blue Jays broadcaster Mike Wilner, radio interview, Nov. 23, 2014

“R.A. [Dickey] is kind of a man unto himself on an island, and you don’t want that in your clubhouse.” – Blue Jays broadcaster Jerry Howarth, radio interview, Nov. 19, 2014

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/16/did-the-toronto-blue-jays-have-a-clubhouse-problem-jose-bautista-says-no-but-r-a-dickey-says-a-shakeup-was-necessary/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Five years ago, if the O's had signed a guy like Colby Rasmus, I immediately would assume that move would backfire. But now, same move, my assumption would be that it will work. That Dan knows the guy has untapped talent if properly used and motivated. That Buck knows how to use and motivate him. That the team's culture will rub off on him -- and that's actually a good thing instead of a bad one.

It's great to be an Orioles fan.

And now that we held off on Rasmus and traded for Snider instead, I'm confident that will turn out to be the better move. That's how I feel about our decision making process these days. Not every move works out, but the trend is good enough that I've pretty much just stopped second guessing them.

And now that we held off on Rasmus and traded for Snider instead, I'm confident that will turn out to be the better move. That's how I feel about our decision making process these days. Not every move works out, but the trend is good enough that I've pretty much just stopped second guessing them.

Second guessing is so 2008. You are on the cutting edge sir.

• 3 weeks later...

These are the types of quotes you never used to see about the Orioles:

"I never wanted to leave in the first place," said Reimold who was claimed on waivers by Toronto during last season. "So obviously, I'm happy to be back. I just think that this will be the best place for me and I need to go out and show that I can stay healthy and play. I think it will all work out."

Why did Reimold want to return to Baltimore?

"I guess there's a lot of reasons that go into it, but I think the staff here, the management, everybody, I know them, I'm comfortable with them," he said. "They really have the player's best interest at heart. For me, staying healthy, I'm a big fan and advocate of the strength program and things that have been done here, so I think that would be a big thing too. It's just a place where I feel comfortable and I feel a little sense of loyalty to the Orioles. If I'm going to have a career, this is where I want it to be."

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2015/02/19/pitchers-and-catchers-report-day/

Chris Parmelee, signed to a minor league deal last month, said he chose the Orioles because "they're a winning organization."

They've been winning the last couple of years and I want to be a part of that," he said. "I want to do everything I can to help this team out any way I can and whatever that may be, I'm up to the task and I'm looking forward to it."

"Every time I came to Camden Yards and even here in Sarasota, I liked the way they did things around here and I took notice of that when it came time to make a selection where I was going to go. I knew some of the guys on this team and had some conversations and they liked it. There's no reason why I shouldn't feel the same way. Just being here so far - this is Day Four for me - I'm already taking a liking to a lot of the guys here. It's a lot of good guys, a lot of good players and a great clubhouse to be in."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/02/janish-undergoes-elbow-surgery-and-notes-on-cabrera-and-parmelee.html

"In other situations, it could have been an easier path. One, I wanted to be able to go to one great team, and two, to a situation where I know I can help a team win. And this is a team that wins and I know I can be an asset."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/02/morning-notes-from-camp-3.html

I know these are spring training puffball quotes, but these statements are a reflection of how the Orioles are regarded by outsiders now.

"There's no perfect team, but we have a lot of complementary pieces here that Buck (Showalter) will put together properly and we'll be ready to go."

"The other thing that we have is a winning culture here. These guys know that they're going to have to come to spring training, they have professional work habits. They get themselves ready to play. Buck does a great job with his staff helping them develop their skills and this is a team that, going into spring training, expects to contend. We have every right to be able to contend. We've earned that right to contend. We're returning these guys. Every team, when you start the spring, you want to be able to win the last game of the season. I'm sure this team will have that as a goal."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/02/hearing-from-duquette.html

Quoted for truth!

People talk about Andy MacPhail, but the guy made one of the greatest moves in franchise history hiring Buck. Can't imagine where we would be without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Angelos did that. Andy's guy was Eric Wedge.

Archived