Which One Of Boras's Clients (Davis, Wieters or Chen) Will DD Trade First?

section18

Who Gets Traded First?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets Traded First?

I missed that. He said that about all players or was this in reference to a specific player? Jered Weaver signed an extension as did Elvis Andrus, both Boras clients. Hard to imagine that Boras would take issue with the extension Giancarlo Stanton signed, too.

It was today, so I would have to suggest that situations like Andrus and Weaver and Varitek are all past tense it appears.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed that. He said that about all players or was this in reference to a specific player? Jered Weaver signed an extension as did Elvis Andrus, both Boras clients. Hard to imagine that Boras would take issue with the extension Giancarlo Stanton signed, too.

He pluralized it, so I assume he means all of his clients.

Boras wanted the O's to sign Chen to a 5 yr/$75 mill extension a couple of years ago. Of course that's when the O's had him for cheap for 3 more years. I'm sure Boras' asking price is well over $100 mill now.

I can't really imagine a scenario where the O's sign Chen or Davis. The only scenario I can imagine where Weiters resigns, is one where he is obviously damaged goods. He misses most of the season, hits poorly when playing (barely over .200 w/ little power). I could see the O's and Weiters agreeing on a 1 year deal to rebuild his value.

He pluralized it, so I assume he means all of his clients.

That would be his advice, I'm sure. If any Boras client went to him and said work out a fair extension, I want to stay here, then I'm pretty sure he'd do it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That would be his advice, I'm sure. If any Boras client went to him and said work out a fair extension, I want to stay here, then I'm pretty sure he'd do it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

He has in the past.

Of course I bet he tried to talk them out of it first.

He has in the past.

Of course I bet he tried to talk them out of it first.

Jered Weaver said he went against Boras' advice to sign his extension.

Andrus' (like Stanton's) extension is not exactly team friendly, given the length of the contract and the opt-outs if the player were to over-perform. I would be surprised if Boras had any issue with the Andrus extension.

Jered Weaver said he went against Boras' advice to sign his extension.

Andrus' (like Stanton's) extension is not exactly team friendly, given the length of the contract and the opt-outs if the player were to over-perform. I would be surprised if Boras had any issue with the Andrus extension.

Varitek also wanted to extend.

Archived