Next Offseason's Free Agents

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll help. it was 2007 to 2008. Do you remember who the GM was then?

The Orioles began the 2008 season in a rebuilding mode under President of Baseball Operations Andy MacPhail. After four consecutive winning seasons after 14 consecutive losing ones, I doubt we will be in rebuild mode.

The Orioles began the 2008 season in a rebuilding mode under President of Baseball Operations Andy MacPhail. After four consecutive winning seasons after 14 consecutive losing ones, I doubt we will be in rebuild mode.

Well, if the Os lose all of them guys to FA, it might not be your traditional "rebuilding" but they would have to rebuild a lot of the team.

By assuming they wouldn't spend all of their excess salary sounds like the opposite of building or rebuilding a team anyway.

Back in 2003 - 2004 they dropped the payroll 20 million as well. When they fired Syd Thrift. Does anyone want to pretend that the ORioles are anything like that any longer?

Only time will tell. If DD doesn't get and agree to an extension, I find it hard to believe the Os will let DD make long term decisions next year.

Only time will tell. If DD doesn't get and agree to an extension, I find it hard to believe the Os will let DD make long term decisions next year.

Duquette is under contract for four more seasons. No need for any kind of extension. Nor would Dan want one.

Back in 2003 - 2004 they dropped the payroll 20 million as well. When they fired Syd Thrift. Does anyone want to pretend that the ORioles are anything like that any longer?

Attendance was better back then. We're still trying to get back 2005 levels. Man, we were the laughing stock for quite a while. Simply horrible. Explains a lot.

I don't expect CD to be here come then either.

The only reason I say that is the payroll flexibility the O's will have seemingly puts them in position to make at least one big move and they're more likely to sign one of their own rather than an unknown off the market.

Also, I have more faith in a Davis bounce back than a healthy Wieters and I don't see Wieters having good enough medicals for the careful O's to sign off on a big deal.

Archived