Duquette: "mutual interest" in a contract extension with Tillman

Frobby

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'd wait it out with Tillman. Let's see if Gausman and Bundy can show signs of being the starters we hope they can be. If they're looking real good I think you trade Tillman. He is our best starter right now but he comes off as lucky to me. I'm no scout but his fast ball always looks a little flat to me.

Maybe next off-season if Gausman and Bundy look good and Tillman puts up good numbers then you trade him to fill some other holes since there'll be plenty to fill.

I think I'd wait it out with Tillman. Let's see if Gausman and Bundy can show signs of being the starters we hope they can be. If they're looking real good I think you trade Tillman. He is our best starter right now but he comes off as lucky to me. I'm no scout but his fast ball always looks a little flat to me.

Maybe next off-season if Gausman and Bundy look good and Tillman puts up good numbers then you trade him to fill some other holes since there'll be plenty to fill.

Not that I agree on trading Chris (at all!) but he'd be worth a LOT more in trade if he was locked up to a decent extension.

Looks like the Cardinals have achieved cost certainty on Lynn's three arbitration years at $22M.

I wonder how interested Chris would be in a deal like that. It gives us value and allows him to test FA. In another year we can see if he continues to progress or has he reached a possible ceiling.

I wonder how interested Chris would be in a deal like that. It gives us value and allows him to test FA. In another year we can see if he continues to progress or has he reached a possible ceiling.

I'd throw a 5/50 deal to him. It could be based off of the same deal Lynn got, then add a season of 13M and 15M.

Archived