If Davis or Wieters Underperform in 2015, are they More or Less Likely to Return?

FanSince88

Davis/Wieters 2015 Underperformance = More Likely to Re-sign?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Davis/Wieters 2015 Underperformance = More Likely to Re-sign?

• Yes
    • No

Their performance doesn't affect our chances at all, IMO. Which are near 0%.

If they perform or over perform we can't afford them.

If they underperform DD won't pay 10+ million on them.

I hate to be negative but NEITHER will be here next year. (unless they accept the QO)

Kind of where I am at with it also.

This team is not going to pay either market value which if they hit FA market will be the cost.

My hope is that both of them do well, we have a great season and are able to accumulate a couple of picks for them. If we struggle and fall out of it (which I doubt) before the deadline then it becomes what value value you can get via trade vrs the value of the pick. My guess though is the only way we fall out this thing to become a seller that quick is if both of them flop miserably among other problems.

Kind of where I am at with it also.

This team is not going to pay either market value which if they hit FA market will be the cost.

My hope is that both of them do well, we have a great season and are able to accumulate a couple of picks for them. If we struggle and fall out of it (which I doubt) before the deadline then it becomes what value value you can get via trade vrs the value of the pick. My guess though is the only way we fall out this thing to become a seller that quick is if both of them flop miserably among other problems.

If we fall out, it will be late in September. A little too late. Best to root for the Orioles to make the playoffs.

Their performance doesn't affect our chances at all, IMO. Which are near 0%.

If they perform or over perform we can't afford them.

If they underperform DD won't pay 10+ million on them.

I hate to be negative but NEITHER will be here next year. (unless they accept the QO)

Yep :agree:

I'm not sure why anyone would want them to be re-signed if they perform poorly in 2015. Especially Chris Davis, who had a sub-par 2014 season. As for Wieters, he is an unknown because of the TJ surgery and rehab. If either does well, they should probably be re-signed. If both do well, then Os management may have to pick one of the other depending upon the team's needs.

I think Davis extends if he has a year similar to 2012. If he has another monster year then we won't be able to afford him and if he bombs for a second consecutive year then the O's wouldn't (and shouldn't) be willing to commit long term. After 2015 they'll have more financial flexibility and some pressure to keep some of their own since half the damn team will be hitting free agency.

I say Davis over Wieters based on injury. If he has a completely healthy 2015 then I guess I could see him being a candidate as well (certainly not both) but I'd still imagine Davis would be a better fit all things considered.

Archived