Camden Depot: Why Steve Lombardozzi Don't Hunt

weams

http://camdendepot.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-puzzle-of-steve-lombardozzi.html

Lombardozzi was better than the other Tides second basemen in all categories except errors. However, he wasn't much better than the other Tides second basemen, except in catching pop flies. I don't see any evidence that Lombardozzi was an outstanding defensive second baseman, and consequently it's hard to argue that the Orioles blundered in not recalling Lombardozzi or that they did him an injustice. From this information, he seems to be a no-hit, adequate-field utility infielder.

While this article was informative and overall not bad the title just makes no sense at all. Would love an explanation as I was expecting to read something on the line that his wife works for some sort of anti - hunting organization or else he is afraid of guns!

While this article was informative and overall not bad the title just makes no sense at all. Would love an explanation as I was expecting to read something on the line that his wife works for some sort of anti - hunting organization or else he is afraid of guns!

The title of the article is "The Puzzle of Steve Lombardozzi." I think Weams added the "don't hunt" part, which is basically an expression for "won't work out as planned."

Archived