Orioles DFA Ryan Lavarnway (Clears Waivers)

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>CA Ryan Lavarnway has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Triple-A Norfolk.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why can't Wieters start at C with the O's with Arencibia and Clevenger at Norfolk and Ward and Ohlman at AA? I don't think this settles anything. Just insurance.

Sound good to me unless Arencibia signed a contract with as opt out. Then Joseph probably gets sent down.

Haven't heard anything. He could have an opt out at the end of ST or more likely by June 1, or so, IF he has one.

I forget what the retention price is but wouldn't the Orioles have to pay him the rents room fee because he was in the majors last year? I remember several MiLB free agents being released (and most resigned) to avoid the fee.

Tides now have 5 catchers on their roster, including Lavarnway, Arencibia, and Ward. Meanwhile, the O's have 4 catchers on their roster, Wieters, Joseph, Clevenger, and Ohlman. Could be some thinning of the catching ranks before April.

Maybe one of them can adequately catch 30 games this year for us. Where is Taylor Teagarden? lol

Archived