Rays trade Zobrist and Escobar to A's

xian4

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup he's not number 1 cause he earned it. It's by default.

Didn't they add some good Milb players with some trades also? Robertson is VERY good btw. He was only available because Franklin Barreto is now there.

1. Daniel Robertson, ss

2. Franklin Barreto, ss

3. Matt Olson, 1b

4. Matt Chapman, 3b

5. Renato Nunez, 3b

6. Kendall Graveman, rhp

7. Sean Nolin, lhp

8. Dillon Overton, lhp

9. Raul Alcantara, rhp

10. Chad Pinder, 2b/ss

Matt Olson

Through 588 plate appearances for Stockton, the Georgia native has hit 36 home runs, tied for third most in the minors this year, and 26 doubles, while getting on base at a .398 clip and slugging .538. His .253 average has been ameliorated by the 110 walks he’s drawn, the most in all of professional baseball this season and the most by a player this young since Nick Johnson drew 123 in 1999.

That year, Johnson posted an on base percentage reminiscent of Ted Williams – .525 – and became one of the most highly touted prospects in baseball. He could have been a star, too, had injuries not cut him short. As it was, he still managed a 5.0 WAR season for Washington in 2006.

Oakland GM Billy Beane always coveted Johnson, who’s superior plate discipline and moderate power fit perfectly into the classic Moneyball mold. The 20 year old Olson fits similarly, although his power is leaps and bounds ahead of where Johnson’s ever was.

Didn't they add some good Milb players with some trades also? Robertson is VERY good btw. He was only available because Franklin Barreto is now there.

1. Daniel Robertson, ss

2. Franklin Barreto, ss

3. Matt Olson, 1b

4. Matt Chapman, 3b

5. Renato Nunez, 3b

6. Kendall Graveman, rhp

7. Sean Nolin, lhp

8. Dillon Overton, lhp

9. Raul Alcantara, rhp

10. Chad Pinder, 2b/ss

Matt Chapman, from Cal State Fullerton.

Right-handed batter with a mature 6’2”, 205-pound build; swing is quiet and geared toward hitting line drives from gap to gap; will occasionally rush his load and weight transfer; patient approach is a product of his advanced plate discipline and pitch recognition.

The Rays don't have a farm system. You're overrating Robertson big time.

The Rays' system doesn't have a lot of high end talent, but it's one of the deepest systems around.

And BA has Robertson ranked 39th overall. So some of the more respected evaluators think highly of him..

Renato Nunez

The 20-year-old Nunez was scorching hot right before he was selected to the World All-Star team and then proceeded to justify his selection by continuing to obliterate Single-A pitching.

Over the past three weeks (a span of 20 games), Nunez has launched 11 home runs and gapped five doubles, culminating in an absurd .408/.489/.908 triple slash line. Nearly every Rotoworld update on him simply states that he had another multi-homerun game or another pedestrian four-hit game. Just past the midway point in his second full season, Nunez has 20 home runs, 57 RBI and a .287 batting average.

Nunez was signed out of Venezuela in 2010 and is currently in the Class A-Advanced California League.

The Rays' system doesn't have a lot of high end talent, but it's one of the deepest systems around.

And BA has Robertson ranked 39th overall. So some of the more respected evaluators think highly of him..

Where do they have Hunter Harvey ranked? Chance Sisco?

Lest there be any confusion as to what this conversation is about...

You're a funny guy. When did Hunter become the Orioles 10th best prospect? Cause that was Robertson for A's.

This untrue statement prompted the responses and has been proven false. Unquestionably.

He was ranked number one because he was rated by BA as a better prospect than all other prospects in the Oakland organization last month, at the time of the rankings, prior to the trade with Tampa Bay. No amount of backpedaling and/or misdirection changes that. You typed something that was false beyond doubt and I called you on it. Simple as that. I really don't care what your opinion of Robertson is, or your opinion of how rankings change from year to year. Of course they change every year for every team.

Archived