Roch: Orioles Have Offer Out to Nolan Reimold. (MiLB deal w/ Spring Invite)

weams

Low risk. Yes, I used that last off-season.

Don't hold your breath, expecting how things. Yes, I like the guy too, but my brain tells me, in 7 games, he didn't do bad, but that is very SSS.

Seriously, he didn't do enough to keep the eye of the team he was on, and it wasn't like he was asking for a ton of money.

With A & B rosters, always a need for extra bodies in ST, and that's all he will be.

At the end of the ST, he will be sent to AAA, or for assignment, you wait and see.

Agreed, there are too many guys he has to be behind on the depth chart. Jones, De Aza, Pearce, Young, Snider, Lough, Alvarez, and maybe even Parmelee and Hassan too.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, there are too many guys he has to be behind on the depth chart. Jones, De Aza, Pearce, Young, Snider, Lough, Alvarez, and maybe even Parmelee and Hassan too.

He's right handed and can technically play the outfield. There is some value in being right handed at the moment.

Injuries or a complete meltdown by Young are the only way I see him making the team out of ST.

He's right handed and can technically play the outfield. There is some value in being right handed at the moment.

Injuries or a complete meltdown by Young are the only way I see him making the team out of ST.

Agreed. I'm not even sure a meltdown in ST would be enough. They seem to love them some Delmon Young, they paid him real money and ST is short. Even being right handed Young or Pearce would have to be out of the equation for them to consider him and even then it would probably depend on how Hassan or Alvarez looks. Lough will be on the team IMO. Best defensive outfielder on the team and can start and play reasonably well. He's also out of options, making the league minimum and they have 4 years of control left. Honestly if it were up to me I'd be looking to move De Aza, but I doubt they are. So the five outfielders they likely carry are Jones, De Aza, Pearce, Young, Lough. I can't see any of them being dropped for a Reimold hail mary as long as they're all healthy.

Reimold was healthy last year and didnt do much for Toronto and he ended up with the Diamondbacks and they let him go.

Nobody else was interested, so what does that tell you, about expectations on what he has left?

Maybe and you could very well be correct.

But the O's also released Pearce last year and his only offer came from the Jays

The DH penalty is a real thing.

But I've always thought a useful and possibly attainable skill, and one players never seem to want to try, is to flat beat it. I know there are Edgar Martinez anecdotes about him practicing with super fast tennis balls, and stuff he probably did that a fielder wouldn't have as much time to invest in.

I think an injury prone good hitter nearing the end of the line, like Reimold now, is the right kind of profile to go for something like this. I know we're cycling through DeAza/Pearce/Snider/Wieters early on, but if Reimold could embrace and thrive at the role and his bat played towards its upside, he could earn plenty of playing time.

The Orioles are the Team that drafted Nolan Reimold. No organization in MLB understands better than the Orioles how talented Reimold is. And he is. This was an opportunity to bring the prodigal son home for next to nothing, hoping for only one thing. Health. And if Nolan Reimold can stay healthy, he is a player. Just my two cents.

Think Duquette was just throwing a bone to Orioles Nation. Just a PR move and largely a waste of time for a guy who can never stay off the DL:cool:

Yeah its a PR move. Sure. Right. I am assuming you work for the Orioles PR department to know such a thing?

Nolan obviously has something to prove. He missed a lot of time between 2012 - 2014 getting over a spinal injury / surgery, serioulsy cut him some slack. Getting a MLB contract was never an option for Reimold due to his history. He was able to a MiLB contract with an opt out. Maybe this is his year? Before 2014 Steve Pearce was journeyman and passed up by many teams.

I am happy that he chose to come back here. I am hope he can show his full potential.

Exactly, and an extra body for ST games.

Not sure why some expect the guy to walk on water and perform miracles for the team.

Why do you think he is just an extra body?? No one is saying he is going to be a miracle or anything. There is MLB talent there. Give the guy a shot - its not like De Aza, Snider, Lough, etc. are 5 tool players.

Look at Pearce, he did NOTHING for 6 years.

Why do you think he is just an extra body?? No one is saying he is going to be a miracle or anything. There is MLB talent there. Give the guy a shot - its not like De Aza, Snider, Lough, etc. are 5 tool players.

Look at Pearce, he did NOTHING for 6 years.

Reimold isn't close to a 5 tool player.

If you expect him to come in and make the 25 man roster, so you are sadly mistaken. they are very slim and hinges on players tanking very badly or getting hurt.

At this point, he is a 4A player over the age of 30, that has trouble staying healthy. which is why he was given a minor league contract with ST invite.

Look at Pearce, sure. The odds of another player like Pearce, knocking around the bigs for 6 years, finally getting a chance and excelling, is pretty rare.

Nothing wrong with being a homer and wanting good things to happen, but you have to keep some level of objectivity.

let's revisit this in Sept, if he makes the 25 man roster and plays like he did a few years ago, I will be the more than willing to man up and admit that I was all wrong about this.

Archived