Roch: Orioles Have Offer Out to Nolan Reimold. (MiLB deal w/ Spring Invite)

weams

Reimold isn't close to a 5 tool player.

If you expect him to come in and make the 25 man roster, so you are sadly mistaken. they are very slim and hinges on players tanking very badly or getting hurt.

At this point, he is a 4A player over the age of 30, that has trouble staying healthy. which is why he was given a minor league contract with ST invite.

Look at Pearce, sure. The odds of another player like Pearce, knocking around the bigs for 6 years, finally getting a chance and excelling, is pretty rare.

Nothing wrong with being a homer and wanting good things to happen, but you have to keep some level of objectivity.

let's revisit this in Sept, if he makes the 25 man roster and plays like he did a few years ago, I will be the more than willing to man up and admit that I was all wrong about this.

Reimold most certainly is close to being five tool. He does not have a great fielding ability and you could argue against his arm but I'd say it's above average. However, offensively he can hit for both power and average and has above average speed.

And the tools don't change whether or not he's healthy or makes the ML roster.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to see this got done.

Spring Training just wouldn't be complete without a long, drawn out, boisterous Nolan Reimold debate ;)

And a week after he is gone, the gnashing over his two and three homer games...before having a muscle transplant.

Glad to see this got done.

Spring Training just wouldn't be complete without a long, drawn out, boisterous Nolan Reimold debate ;)

Where oh where is Cory Patterson when you need him?

I for one think Nolan got screwed 2 springs in a row when he out-played Cory but was sent down anyway. AM seemed to have a man-crush for Cory.

There. How's that for stirring the spring training Nolan debate?

Where oh where is Cory Patterson when you need him?

I for one think Nolan got screwed 2 springs in a row when he out-played Cory but was sent down anyway. AM seemed to have a man-crush for Cory.

There. How's that for stirring the spring training Nolan debate?

I think you are confusing Pie and Patterson.

I was rather annoyed that Nolan didn't get a September call-up and instead I got to watch Patterson act like he cared in LF.

I think you are confusing Pie and Patterson.

I was rather annoyed that Nolan didn't get a September call-up and instead I got to watch Patterson act like he cared in LF.

D#*@ you're right! It is Felix I'm (not clearly) thinking of. Oh well, too late to cover my tracks.

Archived