The Fan is home of the Orioles now

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles announce a multi-year deal naming CBS RADIO?s <a href="https://twitter.com/1057TheFan">@1057TheFan</a> the flagship station of the O's Radio Network. <a href="http://t.co/SaD88EdmQk">pic.twitter.com/SaD88EdmQk</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">January 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(1/2) Beginning in 2015, fans will be able to hear all 162 Orioles regular season games, select spring training contests...</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(2/2) and extensive Orioles programming on 105.7 The Fan and across the seven-state, 34-station Orioles Radio Network.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles games will continue to be called by the broadcast team of Joe Angel & Fred Manfra, who return for their 12th season.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

Mixed feelings on this. Listening to the O's on WBAL reminded me of my childhood. But there was an area in Howard County where WBAL would fade out and that always drove me nuts. There is definitely an opportunity for more synergy on The Fan, with Scott and Jeremy and their "Picks to Click" and whatnot. I just hope it doesn't impact the more relaxed pregame and postgame shows that WBAL would have.

Mixed feelings on this. Listening to the O's on WBAL reminded me of my childhood. But there was an area in Howard County where WBAL would fade out and that always drove me nuts. There is definitely an opportunity for more synergy on The Fan, with Scott and Jeremy and their "Picks to Click" and whatnot. I just hope it doesn't impact the more relaxed pregame and postgame shows that WBAL would have.

Yep for me the game fade out at my employer and at my house. In between on Rt29 I can get the game, but it fades out for 1/2 my commute. Glad to be back on an FM station.

Archived