Jim Duquette: "I wouldn't be surprised if Wieters is delayed."

weams

Weams? What are you doing?

Jim Duquette did not say that Wieters would be delayed. He said he would not be surprised if Wieters did not start the season catching. Pretty big difference.

Jim is not claiming any special insight here. He said based on what Buck has said there in no specific date for Wieters at this time. That it could be 2 to 4 weeks after the start of the season but no one knows. I've heard Buck say this months ago.

Listen to the interview. Jim is not break news here.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/01/14/jim-duquette-says-the-orioles-still-need-an-outfielder/

Jim said. I believe Wieters will be delayed. Listen.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Wieters is delayed" Is the quote.

Well, that is a lot different from saying he will be delayed, IMO. If you asked me, based on everything I've heard, to put odds on it, I'd say there is a 65% chance that Wieters is ready to catch by Opening Day and a 35% chance that he isn't. But would I be "surprised" if he isn't, based on those odds? I'd say no.

Well, that is a lot different from saying he will be delayed, IMO. If you asked me, based on everything I've heard, to put odds on it, I'd say there is a 65% chance that Wieters is ready to catch by Opening Day and a 35% chance that he isn't. But would I be "surprised" if he isn't, based on those odds? I'd say no.

I changed it. I got the impression that he was calling a delay. I put the quote up.

I changed it. I got the impression that he was calling a delay. I put the quote up.

I'm continually impressed by how you actually consider what other posters say and sometimes amend your views, unlike many others who just dig in when their statements are questioned.

I'm continually impressed by how you actually consider what other posters say and sometimes amend your views, unlike many others who just dig in when their statements are questioned.

Depends on the situation. Weams can stick to his guns with the best of them if he thinks he is right.

Depends on the situation. Weams can stick to his guns with the best of them if he thinks he is right.

As he should. And sometimes I disagree with opinions of his that are longstanding. But he's not someone who can never admit his initial view was imperfect.

Archived