Do you think Duquette is going to be the Jays' CEO in 2015?

Frobby

Do you believe Duquette will be the Jays' CEO before the end of 2015?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Duquette will be the Jays' CEO before the end of 2015?

• No. Angelos will stick to his guns.
    • Yes, by the end of this weekend
    • Yes, before spring training begins
    • Yes, before spring training is over
    • Yes, before the end of the regular season
    • Yes, before the end of 2015

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's and Jays are in talks about compensation, you could already make the case that Angelos has given up. Yes, he's going to drive a hard bargain but they wouldn't even be having these talks if he wasn't resigned to Duquette leaving, IMO.

You could make that case, but I think you are seriously underestimating Peter's stubbornness, and how p.o.'ed he likely is at the BJ's "near-tampering." Letting it be known that discussions took place does not hurt him -- it indicates he was willing to consider the possibility of letting DD interview for a higher position -- but after demanding unreasonable compensation he can simply make it clear in the end that the BJ's never offered anything that would be proper compensation for the O's loss. I think it more likely he will drive an impossible bargain than a hard bargain.

Yes! I think PA is posturing or holding out for the best compensation for DD. I would not be surprised if his office is bugged in the warehouse and they already know how he feels about leaving for Toronto. I say let him go but get a solid player and draft pick for him. He isn't helping the team at the moment so let's move on. The question becomes....does Cal Ripken finally move into the front office? Does Buck take on a larger role with player decisions and maybe Brady moves up the ladder sharing duties with Buck and Louis Angelos.

I hope not, for a variety of reasons! But that's a different thread.

Yes, its only a matter of time. Even if Angelos continues to be stubborn, eventually MLB will step in.

And do what, exactly? The man is under contract, and there is absolutely no way to claim that breaking that contract and crippling one team by moving their GM to an occupied executive position of a division rival is in the best interest of baseball. There really is nothing MLB can do here. Any such attempt by MLB will, if anything, damage their case in the MASN situation by further proving bias against the Orioles' ownership, IMO.

He will leave and we are losing by not letting him leave. This is sabotoging our entire offseason. How are we supposed to be making moves when the guy that runs our front office is trying to leave for a job with another team within the division?! Such a huge conflict of interest and I have never seen anything like it. Let him go and let's see if we can salvage this offseason with a team that won the AL East and went to the ALCS last year!

I like DD hope he stays BUT IMHO he's gone sooner or later the guy has not said ONE thing to make me think he does not want the TOR job.

As for Angelos yea he may keep him, but do YA REALLY think a guy who has a better offer and wants out is the guy he REALLY WANTS calling the $$ shots LOL yea right.

That's why even Roch says it may be toxic. JMHO

I wanna know what Frobby thinks! :scratchchinhmm:

I almost never vote on my own polls until a day or two later because I don't want anyone to take my vote into account. But I will tell you now, I think Duquette is gone by the time spring training is over. That's a relatively non-disruptive time to lose a GM, since the OD and MiL rosters are set and you still have 2+ months before the draft and 3+ months before the trade deadline. There's no good time to lose a GM, but that's the best time other than immediately after the season IMO.

I almost never vote on my own polls until a day or two later because I don't want anyone to take my vote into account. But I will tell you now, I think Duquette is gone by the time spring training is over. That's a relatively non-disruptive time to lose a GM, since the OD and MiL rosters are set and you still have 2+ months before the draft and 3+ months before the trade deadline. There's no good time to lose a GM, but that's the best time other than immediately after the season IMO.

That's a good time but I voted for after the season ending WS Championship with the bubbly still flowing....:laughlol:

Yes, its only a matter of time. Even if Angelos continues to be stubborn, eventually MLB will step in.

MLB rules support the position of Angelos - DD is bound to the Orioles by contract and only the Orioles can release him from that contract. Or do you expect MLB to change the rules, which of couse would bring a lawsuit by Angelos.

MLB rules support the position of Angelos - DD is bound to the Orioles by contract and only the Orioles can release him from that contract. Or do you expect MLB to change the rules, which of couse would bring a lawsuit by Angelos.

Do they though? I've always thought a contract is a contract is a contract, but MLB is an organization that has bylaws that grant the Commissioner extraordinary powers. There's also a number of cases where what the Blue Jays are trying to do has been allowed. What takes precedence when a contract entered into by a member of an organization is in conflict with a Commissioner acting in accordance with the bylaws governing the members of that organization? I would love for someone with more legal acumen that myself to weigh in on this.

Personally I would find it entertaining if PA put it to the test. In that case, I predict it would take roughly four more years to arrive at preliminary judgement.

Do they though? I've always thought a contract is a contract is a contract, but MLB is an organization that has bylaws that grant the Commissioner extraordinary powers. There's also a number of cases where what the Blue Jays are trying to do has been allowed. What takes precedence when a contract entered into by a member of an organization is in conflict with a Commissioner acting in accordance with the bylaws governing the members of that organization? I would love for someone with more legal acumen that myself to weigh in on this.

Personally I would find it entertaining if PA put it to the test. In that case, I predict it would take roughly four more years to arrive at preliminary judgement.

If they just try to start voiding contracts of GM's around the league than what is the purpose to even having contracts for anyone in baseball. Make everyone an at will employee including the players. Have total anarchy.

If they just try to start voiding contracts of GM's around the league than what is the purpose to even having contracts for anyone in baseball. Make everyone an at will employee including the players. Have total anarchy.

I believe that contracts should be honored. IMO this would be a good opportunity to put that old-fashioned idea to the test.

I believe that contracts should be honored. IMO this would be a good opportunity to put that old-fashioned idea to the test.

It's a promotion that he wants to leave for first of all. Second of all, are we more focused on putting "the idea to the test" or getting rid of a huge distraction and building on a team that went to the ALCS and has done noting to improve aside from hoping that our own players come back healthy which wasn't enough the year before in which Chris Davis had a historically great year. Let him walk and let's get someone who wants to be here and salvage this offseason.

Archived