Dan Duquette Duplicity Thread

weams

And, Gary kubiak will ultimately make a statement, that will put the story to bed. He will either say he is staying with the ravens, or accepting the new position in Denver.

Dan does not need to. He's not allow to talk with Toronto. Gary is not controlled. So he is. Going.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weams did Peter actually take DD office and can you elaborate on the whole Rick Dempsey angle....both of those things I was not aware of

There was a remodel of the warehouse, the area that was previously Dans office became Peter's new office. Dan's office was moved closer to some of the other FO executives, with a bigger floorplan and nicer stuff. Rick drove a wedge between Peter and Dave Johnson. For extra cigarette.

This guy is so smoothly professional, he does not care if we squirm. Nor should he. He has said and done the exact right things. No matter what happens here. Dan Duquette, Executive of the Year, is the Winner.

I agree with you here 100%

DD has been a grandmaster chess champion through this whole thing. He is making his desires known in the way that a professional should, no brazenly running his mouth in public, not lying to a fanbase or franchise and denying interest.

I am not sure how else or how better DD could handle this thing. While we all would wish he would deny interest, I can't fault the man for wanting to climb the peak of a summit he has long wanted to and getting paid a hellava lot more money for doing so. How many of us on here would just say no to the job of our dreams simply because it might be difficult to get out of current commitments. The adult segment of us would understand you do not burn the house you live in down but you also do what you can in a quiet and respectful way to attain that dream when its front and center.

This guy is so smoothly professional, he does not care if we squirm. Nor should he. He has said and done the exact right things. No matter what happens here. Dan Duquette, Executive of the Year, is the Winner.

This is laughable. Duke is not the reason for the orioles success the last three seasons. It was the trades made by Macphail and Buck's knowledge of the rangers system that got us

the talent. That along with Bucks managing skills and Angelos being a smarter owner contributed. Duke was simply at the right place at the right time. He wants out now because he

is a rat who thinks the run is over and he thinks he can force Angelos to pay him more money.

This is laughable. Duke is not the reason for the orioles success the last three seasons. It was the trades made by Macphail and Buck's knowledge of the rangers system that got us

the talent. That along with Bucks managing skills and Angelos being a smarter owner contributed. Duke was simply at the right place at the right time. He wants out now because he

is a rat who thinks the run is over and he thinks he can force Angelos to pay him more money.

So basically anyone who was alive could have done the job DD has done?

http://andrewstoeten.com/2015/01/17/stray-thoughts-011715/

But OK, maybe we ought to grudgingly give little Eddie a break and assume that, as hilariously ineptly as this whole saga has been handled by the silent clowns behind the scenes, it’s probably not quite as weird as it seems on the surface that he went to Yankees chairman Randy Levine for advice on who to pick as the club’s next president. At the ownership level MLB clubs are all partners with the common goal of profit, after all. But… um… if Levine was handing out genuine advice to an AL East competitor looking to go behind its own president’s back to hire a successor, do we really think he’d have, a) told him to go talk to Paul Beeston’s good friend Jerry Reinsdorf and ask about Ken Williams, and b) suggested he go bumble his way into Peter Angelos’s nest and the Orioles-MLB mess? I might be having a pretty ****ing hearty laugh right now, if I was Levine. And as much as I’m no fan of the old boys club aspect of MLB owners, I sure wouldn’t mind little Eddie getting de-pants and thrown out of the lodge. Not if this whole cluster is representative of how he operates, at least.

I wrote about the subject for the Post last week, looking at the Jays’ claims about needing a culture change and the failure (or, at the very least, departure) of some of AA’s earlier chemistry-eschewing additions, like Yunel Escobar, Colby Rasmus, Brett Lawrie, and Melky Cabrera. (Though it was apparently somewhat unclear, I ultimately did not come anywhere close to the conclusion that concerns about mythical chemistry had much of anything to do with how the Jays operate — which is good, since that would be stupid — as evidenced by the retaining of supposed problems Dickey and Jose Bautista, the acquisition of Josh “Billy Boy” Donaldson, and the fact that there are very obvious non-chemistry reasons that they moved Lawrie and passed on re-signing Cabrera and Rasmus. Even Escobar likely had more to do with optics than with chemistry (also: bringing back Jose Reyes).

http://andrewstoeten.com/2015/01/17/stray-thoughts-011715/

I figured you wouldn't. If you did anyway, excuse my quote.
...has made us wonder this week about the aim that the Jays have for Dan Duquette — nominally being courted as club president. What we maybe should be wondering, though, is if Duquette becomes the “CEO of Baseball OPS,” who then is more what we traditionally think of as club president? And given his heavy involvement in all this, and lurking around the sidelines since being effectively squeezed out of daddy’s company, is that going to be Bumble Eddie Rogers? SHUDDER

So Ed Rogers is just using this to squeeze out Beeston so he can be the real CEO?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: The Blue Jays' ownership is actively seeking a replacement for longtime CEO Paul Beeston. Dan Duquette among candidates discussed.</p>? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rosenthal takes a different slant

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> GM Dan Duquette a top candidate to be <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a>? president. Move would be a promotion. Difficult for O?s to stand in way.</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

ETA Then he adds the gasoline

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette tug-of-war raises thorny question: How can he give <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> full, undivided attention if he wants to run <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a>?</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

But it's O.K. if the ChiSox take a pass

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Again, sources say that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a> are balking at granting Williams permission to speak to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> about becoming president/CEO.</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

QED so far as I'm concerned on the issue of intent by this guy.

Weams you seem personally offended at any suggestion that DD should be more outspoken on this issue. While the above quoted post certainly softens my perception of DD's lack of statement on the issue I do still think there is reasonable cause to be disappointed in it. And I don't see the need to dominate the subject simply because you disagree. Your posts here are always insightful and good reading but on this subject I wonder if perhaps passion has taken over a tiny bit.

Archived