If we end up with Ned Colletti or Omar Minaya...

SrMeowMeow

THAT'S what would send you over the edge? SMH

It wouldn't send me over the edge, I'll never stop following the Orioles... but that would be just awful. It feels like the O's have made so much progress over the last three years and hiring Omara Minaya would be, like, ten steps backwards.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The leap from the owners box to the dugout is quite extreme.

I believe Ted Turner did it once in his early days as owner of the Braves, made himself manager for some short period of time.

And of course ****ing Irsay was on the sideline in the early 70s telling Colt coaches what plays to call.

What's wrong with Colletti? I don't know anything about him but seems to have had a good track record as assistant with the Giants and GM of the Dodgers. He would have to be a war criminal or child molester to get me to stop rooting for the O's.

Or a WAR criminal?

What's wrong with Colletti? I don't know anything about him but seems to have had a good track record as assistant with the Giants and GM of the Dodgers. He would have to be a war criminal or child molester to get me to stop rooting for the O's.

He's not Dan Akroyd... I mean Ray Zalinsky... I mean Dan Duquette.

...I will probably start following another team. And that's almost not a joke.

And I've been following the Orioles my whole life. They're the only sports team I've ever rooted for.

At the very least, the day I read that headline would be the single most negative day of my life as a sports fan.

I sure wish we could put this to bed. I don't see DD leaving. ST starts in a month and a half. That would put the O's in a bad way. IMO

Maybe the writers are just putting these names out there just to point out how truly bad the options are if we lose DD. Making it abundantly clear that we are in for more patented downward spirals shall we go down that path. I like to think that's their master plan anyway.

Archived