Realistic moves for the final month of the offseason?

Ohfan67

The O's signed Jimenez and Cruz on February 17th and 22nd, respectively, last year. So that gives us about a month of offseason left. Assuming that DD does NOT leave (and the Toronto talk dies down) and given what we now know about the cost of arbitration players, what are some realistic moves that you would expect and/or hope the Os make in the next month?

I think if anything goes down, its something we won't have seen coming. Swift trade move.

I dunno what DD is up to. Maybe he just hasn't seen anything that fits and he's not going to make moves for the sake of making moves. I think hoping that Wieters is healthy and can hit like he did last year, Manny finally being healthy for 150+ and Davis somehow having a bounce back is a poor, poor offseason plan.

With Bud Norris' arbitration bid I wouldn't be half surprised if we attempt to trade him.

Actually, it looks to me like we will get Norris for less than I anticipated. Norris' number is silly high, so the Orioles will almost surely win in arbitration. I was thinking that the two sides would agree at somewhere between $8 and 8.5 million, but Norris' agent putting in such a high number eliminates the need to negotiate, IMO.

I think if anything goes down, its something we won't have seen coming. Swift trade move.

I dunno what DD is up to. Maybe he just hasn't seen anything that fits and he's not going to make moves for the sake of making moves. I think hoping that Wieters is healthy and can hit like he did last year, Manny finally being healthy for 150+ and Davis somehow having a bounce back is a poor, poor offseason plan.

I agree.

Archived