Roch: Waiting for O's to make their next move...

ChaosLex

I think you stock up on depth and cross your fingers that you win the metaphorical one dollar scratch off.

Reimold, Parmelee, K. Johnson, Schierholtz, Perez, Crain, Saunders...these are all players that have some sort of success that might be a nice a addition if we happen to have them at a good year.

I'd sign Parmelee to a major league contract and Beachy too if his medicals look good.

My question is what is Reimold waiting for? Is he going to get a better spot to compete for a full time job than here? I mean come on...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is what is Reimold waiting for? Is he going to get a better spot to compete for a full time job than here? I mean come on...

I read that he is waiting for a major league offer but that's just not happening. Not after the injuries. It could be number of reasons. Maybe he thinks there's too much competition for the same spot and he doesn't like his chances. Maybe he doesn't like Buck. Maybe Buck doesn't like him. Maybe Dan is waiting to sign him when he is with the Blue Jays. Maybe Reimold wants to stay in the NL. I could keep going but I hope he does sign here. I've always liked him.

I just don't get how someone can own/run a professional sports team and not care one single bit. They have to have some sort of competitiveness in them, or else they wouldn't be successful enough to be able to afford to buy a sports franchise. I can't say it enough, I hate so much that this team hates us. It sucks watching a team on the verge of being great and knowing that nothing will be done to improve it. This is the thank you we get for spending our money on playoff tickets and overpriced merchandise.

Collect our money, don't re-invest it, show us how little they care, repeat.

This post is going to get ripped apart (which is an entirely different problem with a forum like this), but I completely understand what he is saying and the frustration. I don't know whether PA or DD or others in the front office have this competitive fire or not because I don't know them personally. The perception (which is honestly all we have to go on) is that protecting the beloved budget as if it is some sort of newborn baby is more important than improving the team with outside help. Okay, if the belief is that strong that we have the talent to make it to the playoffs and win 11 games once we get there, then I am all in. The proof begins in April. I don't care about anyone's budget other than my own....all I care about is those 11 wins THIS October. Win the 2015 title, and this offseason will be forgotten or maybe even praised. Fail to reach what should without question be the most important goal in professional sports, and we have every reason to look back at this offseason with doubts as to whether all the right moves were made. I don't know these men in the FO so there is no reason for me to just have blind faith that they are doing everything they can to improve our chances to win a title, but I will reserve judgment until October of 2015.

I just don't get how someone can own/run a professional sports team and not care one single bit. They have to have some sort of competitiveness in them, or else they wouldn't be successful enough to be able to afford to buy a sports franchise. I can't say it enough, I hate so much that this team hates us. It sucks watching a team on the verge of being great and knowing that nothing will be done to improve it. This is the thank you we get for spending our money on playoff tickets and overpriced merchandise.

Collect our money, don't re-invest it, show us how little they care, repeat.

I don't understand this line of thinking.

Last off season the O's traded their closer that has saved 100 games for them over the last two seasons. They had no closer as ST started. But after one fails start they turned to younger Britton who saved 37 games and had a 1.65 ERA.

Just because the O's don't go get some big free agent does not mean they will not be competitive and expect to be better this year than last year.

This post is going to get ripped apart (which is an entirely different problem with a forum like this), but I completely understand what he is saying and the frustration. I don't know whether PA or DD or others in the front office have this competitive fire or not because I don't know them personally. The perception (which is honestly all we have to go on) is that protecting the beloved budget as if it is some sort of newborn baby is more important than improving the team with outside help. Okay, if the belief is that strong that we have the talent to make it to the playoffs and win 11 games once we get there, then I am all in. The proof begins in April. I don't care about anyone's budget other than my own....all I care about is those 11 wins THIS October. Win the 2015 title, and this offseason will be forgotten or maybe even praised. Fail to reach what should without question be the most important goal in professional sports, and we have every reason to look back at this offseason with doubts as to whether all the right moves were made. I don't know these men in the FO so there is no reason for me to just have blind faith that they are doing everything they can to improve our chances to win a title, but I will reserve judgment until October of 2015.

If you go to Orioles games you should care about the O's budget. The higher the payroll the higher the ticket prices with they are not attracting enough fans to pay the salaries. So if you go to O's games it affect your budget.

If you go to Orioles games you should care about the O's budget. The higher the payroll the higher the ticket prices with they are not attracting enough fans to pay the salaries. So if you go to O's games it affect your budget.

I live in Atlanta....haven't lived in Baltimore since I was 18 years old. So truthfully, I don't go to games because I am 715 miles away. I understand your point, but IF I lived in Baltimore and I was going to games, I honestly would be willing to pay a little more for each ticket to get the title that I want more than anything in sports. Of course, spending more and higher ticket prices don't guarantee a title.....but if they did, I would gladly pay it!

I live in Atlanta....haven't lived in Baltimore since I was 18 years old. So truthfully, I don't go to games because I am 715 miles away. I understand your point, but IF I lived in Baltimore and I was going to games, I honestly would be willing to pay a little more for each ticket to get the title that I want more than anything in sports. Of course, spending more and higher ticket prices don't guarantee a title.....but if they did, I would gladly pay it!

You are aware that the two teams with the best record over the last three year in the AL is the A's and the O's. Apparently there is another way to win other than to spend a lot on free agents.

You are aware that the two teams with the best record over the last three year in the AL is the A's and the O's. Apparently there is another way to win other than to spend a lot on free agents.

Of course! I love the fact that the Os have been very competitive for the last 3 years after so many years of ineptitude. But I am being very honest when I say that I am extremely jealous of every fanbase that has won a MLB title since 1983. I want one too. In my original response, I said that if it is the case that the belief is that we have enough talent right now to get to the playoffs and win 11 games, then okay. We will see starting in April. It is great to be relevant again and to win again....the next step: win that elusive title!

I just don't get how someone can own/run a professional sports team and not care one single bit.

This is nonsense. He clearly cares - whether or not he's investing enough money to please you is another issue. We are right around the middle of the pack payroll-wise. If he truly didn't care, he would sell the team.

I can't say it enough, I hate so much that this team hates us.

I saw you say this yesterday and while it may sound clever, it really has no basis in reality. The payroll has been going up year after year. We've made the playoffs two out of the past three years. The Orioles are clearly interested in winning but I guess they "hate us" because they didn't sign Colby Rasmus. Got it.

I like going to games inexpensively.

For the millionth time I had no interest in Rasmus, but not even someone like Aoki?

You posted "I hate how much this team hates us" in the Rasmus thread. You didn't even want the guy but he sparked that kind of reaction? I would have been OK with signing Aoki but let's not pretend like he's a huge upgrade over what we already have.

There really wasn't one single good trade out there? Please.

The off-season isn't over yet.

Archived