Is Clemens Lying?

Frobby

Do you think Clemens is lying about past use of steroids and HGH  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Clemens is lying about past use of steroids and HGH

• I watched a lot of the hearing, and I think he is telling the truth
    • I watched a lot of the hearing, and I think he is lying
    • I did not watch much or any of the hearing, and I think he is teliing the truth
    • I did not watch much or any of the hearing, and I think he is lying

I don't believe either of those guys. From what I saw McNamee didn't come off to well and was cited for his lying, or changing stories. Clemens is very adimant and risking jail time so part of wants to believe him, but I just can't. And it's not because I have a bias against Clemens, I would feel the same about most players in his position just because I believe that practically every player in the MLB has taken something to get ahead at some point in their career, legal, illegal or in-between.

Really?

C'mon Drungo, you're a smart dude...you have to have an opinion on this one.

Being smart doesn't mean you have access to all the evidence necessary to form an opinion. I think it's plausible that what we know could be explained by many, many different things that involve Clemens telling the truth or lying.

Being smart doesn't mean you have access to all the evidence necessary to form an opinion. I think it's plausible that what we know could be explained by many, many different things that involve Clemens telling the truth or lying.

Yeah, but based on what happened yesterday and based on everything thats happened so far, you don't have an opinion at all?

Don't hold out dude, I want to know where the mighty Drungo stands on this :)

Yeah, but based on what happened yesterday and based on everything thats happened so far, you don't have an opinion at all?

Don't hold out dude, I want to know where the mighty Drungo stands on this :)

It strikes me as odd that McNamee kept all of this evidence for all these years. He had ample opportunity to tamper with it. If this was Law And Order I'd expect it to come out that he was setting up Clemens the whole time. But at the same time it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Clemens was just flat-out lying.

It's not an either/or: EITHER McNamee is a worm OR Clemens is lying. Both things can be true.

ps: This reminds me of when I used to work with NGRI ("Not guilty by reason of insanity") patients. There were always endless debates among various shrinks, lawyers, and judges that boiled down to "Is this guy crazy? Or is he just a MF'er?" In some (but not all) cases, the correct answer was "Both: Yes, he's crazy, and yes, he's a MF'er."

My immediate thought when I saw the question on this poll was....does a bear crap in the woods?

Anyway, I saw the 60 minutes interview and that is all I needed to confirm he was lying through his teeth. The signs were as obvious as day is to night. If he is going to lie at least learn how to do it well. He is simply terrible at it.

McNamee's story is the more plausible, and the fact that he lied so much earlier makes sense to me -- he was trying to protect Clemens, and by extension himself (probably more important to him).

To believe Clemens, you have to think he retained McNamee's services after he discovered he injected his wife with HGH (unreal to me that Clemens sells out his wife like that), that he somehow missed all the correspondance from the Players Association that Mitchell wanted to meet with him, that Pettite misunderstood Roger's statement concerning a television news piece on older people using HGH for quality of life to mean that he used HGH, that McNamee told the truth about Knobloch and Pettite but lied about Clemens for some reason, and that Clemens really was trying to help the committee ("I was doing y'all a favor!") when he met with his former nanny before handing over her contact info and not trying to influence her testimony.

Why hold on to the syringes and gauze? He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he guessed that if it came out one day that Clemens would insist he'd never done it and McNamee is lying -- and now Clemens is insisting he never did it and Clemens is lying...

I vote for "They both are, the question is who is the bigger liar" option. :D

Lots of inconsistantcies on both sides. My biggest question about the evidence is that McNamee is a ex-cop, yet he stores evidence in a Miller Lite can??:eek: It just boogles the mind that someone with his training, who is trying to preserve his smoking gun would go about it so stupidly. It just doesn't make any sense.

Archived