Who Is Jeff Hoffman?

weams

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And they should be. They have Toronto by the balls. Pay up or we're not releasing our guy AND we're filing tampering charges. I want their two best, however we decide to define that.

I don't get this rationale. I mean I do but I don't. It's one thing to WANT more than the 9th pick in the draft from this past year it's 100 percent another to say that we "have them by the balls." If I'm Toronto I look at what this could be costing them and bail completely. There are other capable guys available for this position that they won't have to give up 1st round draft picks top prospects for. I could see us overplaying our hand, Toronto bailing, and us as an organization and as fans living with four years of utter dysfunction and an owner and GM that despise eachother.

I don't get this rationale. I mean I do but I don't. It's one thing to WANT more than the 9th pick in the draft from this past year it's 100 percent another to say that we "have them by the balls." If I'm Toronto I look at what this could be costing them and bail completely. There are other capable guys available for this position that they won't have to give up 1st round draft picks top prospects for. I could see us overplaying our hand, Toronto bailing, and us as an oranization asnd as fans living with four years of utter dysfunction and a manager and GM that despise eachother.

hsotdkennybrain1.jpg

They don't want anyone else.

hsotdkennybrain1.jpg

They don't want anyone else.

As of now they don't. But the more they are giving up and the harder we push they may change their minds. I mean what woukld we have to give up as a player to get a prospect as strong as this Hoffman kid???

Me neither. I will be surprised if we end up with anything more than a prospect in the 15 - 20 range.

Disagree. I see very little chance of this happening. If the Orioles aren't offered at least one top prospect like Hoffman, I see retaining DD as a much bigger likelihood than what you are suggesting.

As of now they don't. But the more they are giving up and the harder we push they may change their minds. I mean what woukld we have to give up as a player to get a prospect as strong as this Hoffman kid???

A tampering action by the Law Offices of Peter G. Angelos, P.C. - Hoffman is essentially the equivalent of Hunter Harvey right now.

Disagree. I see very little chance of this happening. If the Orioles aren't offered at least one top prospect like Hoffman, I see retaining DD as a much bigger likelihood than what you are suggesting.

I think it is a or b at this point. I do not see any movement from that. So I agree with you.

Even if the Orioles won. The Blue Jays would just pay 500k to 1m fine. Hoffman has a 15 to 20m value. You do the math which do you pick.

I think they would lose two first round picks either way. Don't you? At least this way Ed gets his crush.

Where did you get two first round picks from?
They tampered with two different GMs.

Just a rumor I heard tossed about. Probably nothing to it. It was the actual agent of record for the franchise that made the tampering calls as well. Not sure if that means anything ;)

Archived