Who Is Jeff Hoffman?

weams

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me Hoffman gets you nothing from the O's. He is 22 didn't have all that great success in college hasn't pitched an inning in the minors might not pitch this season and just had Tommy John surgery. Sorry I will pass. Seems like he has bust written all over him.

Give me Josh Donaldson or go home. If they want to thorw Hoffman into a deal I would take him but they have to give me a cant miss prospect or a solid major leaguer. I don't want to end up giving up DD for a guy who never contributes at the major league level. I am not a gambler.

A tampering action by the Law Offices of Peter G. Angelos, P.C. - Hoffman is essentially the equivalent of Hunter Harvey right now.

I disagree. Harvey is two years younger and has over a season in the minors and has had success in the minors. Hoffman was not dominating in college and is damaged goods. Also Harvey is rated higher as a prospect. Law says he isn't in top 100 prospects.

Well nothing against current Toronto players (especially ones at the talent level of Bautista)...well no I can't stand any of them but I would rather have players unspoiled by the current atmosphere of the MLB team. I would be happy with any of their several top prospects actually. That being said I would still do this trade & happily make Joey Bats one of my favorite players because I'm a hypocritcal homer if he was on the team.

I said in the other thread that I prefer the Lefty prospect Norris and Dwight Smith is an interesting OF prospect. He has good average skills, some speed, and good low strike out 69 Ks in 522 plate appearances.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=smith-000dwi

I would take Hoffman and Smith but I think the Lefty is a better fit due to the Os being loaded with RH starting pitching and their only LH starting likely leaving after this season.

I said in the other thread that I prefer the Lefty prospect Norris and Dwight Smith is an interesting OF prospect. He has good average skills, some speed, and good low strike out 69 Ks in 522 plate appearances.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=smith-000dwi

I would take Hoffman and Smith but I think the Lefty is a better fit due to the Os being loaded with RH starting pitching and their only LH starting likely leaving after this season.

I'd take Norris over Hoffman as well but as has been posted elsewhere, he's on the 40 man so can't be traded for front office personnel (I myself haven't found this as an official rule yet.)

Also. Norris lives in a van. Down by the river.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/01/21/107031046

To me Hoffman gets you nothing from the O's. He is 22 didn't have all that great success in college hasn't pitched an inning in the minors might not pitch this season and just had Tommy John surgery. Sorry I will pass. Seems like he has bust written all over him.

Give me Josh Donaldson or go home. If they want to thorw Hoffman into a deal I would take him but they have to give me a cant miss prospect or a solid major leaguer. I don't want to end up giving up DD for a guy who never contributes at the major league level. I am not a gambler.

You keep bringing up Donaldson. There is a reason that you are the only one suggesting this. Per MLB, the compensation cannot include any major league players. (Can't be on the 40-man roster.) MLB has come out and said this.

You keep bringing up Donaldson. There is a reason that you are the only one suggesting this. Per MLB, the compensation cannot include any major league players. (Can't be on the 40-man roster.) MLB has come out and said this.

I heard Carfado say this. He may be right. If it is not in the CBA or subject to the union's approval he and the MLB can change it on the fly. I've heard no one from MLB clarify anything to us, or to the media.

I remember when Bud said that you could not sign and trade a FA to avoid compensation. It was not in the rules, but he made clear what MLB would or would not approve. MLB has approval rights on all transactions. MLB could ban Ed Rogers from having club involvement.

<iframe src='http://m.tigers.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=33467613&topic_id=8877502&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Pentecost just had some sort of surgery, I believe. Getting two players coming of surgeries? With Angelos and his medical gauntlet? Wow, the End of Days is truly here!

Pentecost just had some sort of surgery, I believe. Getting two players coming of surgeries? With Angelos and his medical gauntlet? Wow, the End of Days is truly here!

Shoulder surgery. I heard it compared to Brian McCann. Before he got the Yankee deal.

That can't be true. You can trade players for cash considerations so why couldn't you trade guys for a GM. If you can't do it straight up the Orioles could add 25000 dollars to sweeten the deal or add Lough to the deal.

Archived