Hypothetically: Players involved going through the Angelos medical gauntlet?

Flacco Machado

We all know the Orioles history, when it comes to player physicals. Is it possible, a deal has been agreed upon and now we are in the stage of exchanging medical records? It's no secret how thorough Angelos and the Orioles doctors are. Jeff Hoffman is a guy coming off TJ surgery and others, such as Max Pentecost, are also coming off a surgery. Honestly, with the artificial deadline of getting this thing done by this week, it would not surprise me at all if this is where we are at. Whether it's Hoffman, Pentecost, or any other prospect.

We all know the Orioles history, when it comes to player physicals. Is it possible, a deal has been agreed upon and now we are in the stage of exchanging medical records? It's no secret how thorough Angelos and the Orioles doctors are. Jeff Hoffman is a guy coming off TJ surgery and others, such as Max Pentecost, are also coming off a surgery. Honestly, with the artificial deadline of getting this thing done by this week, it would not surprise me at all if this is where we are at. Whether it's Hoffman, Pentecost, or any other prospect.

Jim Duquette and Roch Kubatko both say that is not the case.

Jim Duquette and Roch Kubatko both say that is not the case.

I had not seen that reported by them.

But honestly, if medical information was being exchanged, I don't think either one of them would be privy to that information. No one knew about Nick's pending surgery until after he signed with Atlanta.

I had not seen that reported by them.

But honestly, if medical information was being exchanged, I don't think either one of them would be privy to that information. No one knew about Nick's pending surgery until after he signed with Atlanta.

Quite true.

I just get the feeling, if they want this done by Fanfest, as Roch hinted at this morning, then we'd be foolish not to think that the deal has got to be near/at the medical background checks of any involved players.

Roch just said that noting is imminent at all. Names have been tossed around.

I just get the feeling, if they want this done by Fanfest, as Roch hinted at this morning, then we'd be foolish not to think that the deal has got to be near/at the medical background checks of any involved players.

Could be mistaken but Toronto has their equivalent event a week or so after ours. Maybe that's the hard deadline, although if I'm Dan I'm now not looking forward to either (especially if we net top prospects).

Ha... How hilarious would be it be for us to "accept" a deal that included Hoffman, turn around and have him fail his medical exam.... and then Angelos turn around to tell Rogers "Never mind, deal's off.... and we're going to file tampering charges"?

Every Time you get up upset at us for having turmoil. Re-Read this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/yankees-reject-a-rod-mea-culpa-meeting-request-article-1.2090690

It is hard to imagine the frayed relations between A-Rod and the Yankees – who still owe Rodriguez $61 million through 2017 — can ever be fully mended, given the legal attacks and media assault he and his lawyers unleashed throughout the Biogenesis saga. Rodriguez’s status as a key government witness in the government’s prosecution of his cousin, Yuri Sucart, will be a painful reminder of those hard feelings. Sucart’s trial is scheduled to begin on April 6 – the same day the Yankees open at home against Toronto.

Archived