Roch: O's sign Parmelee and DeLaRosa

33rdst

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you still didn't answer the question about the bench. You listed 4 players, one of which will be a starter under the current roster. There's one spot left.

I believe we still sign a guy. My guess is Reimold. He crushes it in ST and makes the roster.

Plays for ~2 weeks and gets injured and then next man up: Parmalee, etc.

I believe we still sign a guy. My guess is Reimold. He crushes it in ST and makes the roster.

Plays for ~2 weeks and gets injured and then next man up: Parmalee, etc.

Last I read the O's haven't talked to Reimold's agent since the winter meetings. It is almost like Dan was distracted by something.

Indians are supposed to be in the lead for his services.

Last I read the O's haven't talked to Reimold's agent since the winter meetings. It is almost like Dan was distracted by something.

Indians are supposed to be in the lead for his services.

Yeah but there OF is pretty crowded. I am sure he would favor a MiLB with ST invite with the Orioles knowing the RF/LF situation - Just like with Parmalee the opportunity is there.

I think Parmelee has a shot at making our opening day roster.

It has already been mentioned, but as the roster looks right now, 12 of the 13 position players are pretty much accounted for (unless there's an injury).

So, I agree that Parmelee could be that last guy off the bench, though Hassan, Navarro or Paredes could claim it (don't see Urrutia, Walker or Alvarez starting the year in Baltimore).

If Wieters isn't able to catch, that spot will likely go to Arencibia.

I think Parmelee has a shot at making our opening day roster.

It has already been mentioned, but as the roster looks right now, 12 of the 13 position players are pretty much accounted for (unless there's an injury).

So, I agree that Parmelee could be that last guy off the bench, though Hassan, Navarro or Paredes could claim it (don't see Urrutia, Walker or Alvarez starting the year in Baltimore).

If Wieters isn't able to catch, that spot will likely go to Arencibia.

I think Walker could start the season in the majors, but just as a one day replacement for Davis.

That said, I think (as things currently stand) Parmelee would be the favorite for that last spot.

That said, I think (as things currently stand) Parmelee would be the favorite for that last spot.

Yeah, it will really depend on what the team wants.

If they feel they need another back-up IF (in addition to Flaherty) who can play solid defense and pinch-run, Paredes or Navarro could have the advantage over Parmelee.

If they want someone who can enter the game and hit a clutch home run, he's the guy.

I think Walker could start the season in the majors, but just as a one day replacement for Davis.

Buck initially said he did not want to use someone for that day the would require asking waivers. Then he said that is the best week of the year to send someone through waivers. I never know what he is gonna do.

But why? Why move Davis from his natural position when you already have several better options to play RF?

1) If you need to stash Wieters at 1B for a while as his arm heals.

2) If Christian Walker tears it up in Norfolk early and forces his way onto the team, meanwhile we are suffering with little offfensive contribution from right field.

Just a couple possible situations.

FWIW, Buck said in the interview on 105.7 yesterday morning that he likes Davis' defense in RF.

1) If you need to stash Wieters at 1B for a while as his arm heals.

2) If Christian Walker tears it up in Norfolk early and forces his way onto the team, meanwhile we are suffering with little offfensive contribution from right field.

Just a couple possible situations.

FWIW, Buck said in the interview on 105.7 yesterday morning that he likes Davis' defense in RF.

I don't think it makes sense at all to make a spot at 1B for a league average hitter, especially not knowing if he can even play the position. Scenario 2 could happen but I don't see it as likely.

Archived