Dan's done a good job of changing the subject

Frobby

I'm not sure how much he's actually changing the subject, but he's certainly easing fan anxieties by showing he's going to keep doing his job to the best of his ability even though he didn't land his dream job. He's a professional.

It actually seems like he did not miss a thing this whole winter. I am glad he revisited his primary taget, even if he gave up more than he wanted.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't surprise me to see another minor trade before the end of the week. We still have a slew of depth in the bullpen. Maybe Dan trades a Matusz or Webb for a mid level prospect to back fill from the Snider trade.

I'm very interested now to see what else he does. There are still way too many ML pitchers on the roster who are out of options. I think you are right about another trade happening (though I'm not sure it will happen before FanFest).

I'm not sure how much he's actually changing the subject, but he's certainly easing fan anxieties by showing he's going to keep doing his job to the best of his ability even though he didn't land his dream job. He's a professional.

I agree. DD appears to work his plan, in his time, and doesn't allow himself to be rattle by the public opinion or perspective of what they want him to do.

He is never going to be the splash guy to do things first and over spend. He will sit back and bid his time.

I don't believe for one second, this is happening because Toronto is out of the picture for 2015.

I was for signing Ubaldo because of what he did second half of 2013. I was wrong. He might be better this year but I can't believe how anyone could make the above statement. Shields has been the model of consistency in his career while Ubaldo has been the model of inconsistency. If we could unload Ubaldo somehow, I'd be give a lot of thought for getting Shields for 4/80.

With pitching in such high demands, and if Shields is so great, then why hasn't somebody scooped him up?

Supposedly Shields would sign for 4/80 right now. I'm not sure he is better than Ubaldo though going forward.

Shields is not the guy this team needs to spend money on, at least not this year. The rotation should be pretty good. It should also have some quality depth ready to step in if injuries occur.

It actually seems like he did not miss a thing this whole winter. I am glad he revisited his primary taget, even if he gave up more than he wanted.

Yeah there weren't really any signings I feel the Orioles should have made. Maybe Kris Medlen? The best moves of the offseason were the non-moves: having the balls to let Markakis, Cruz and Miller walk.

Archived