O's pass 120M for the 2015 payroll

wildcard

Depending on how you count pay the O's are over 120M for the 2015 payroll.

I don't believe it will stay there because the O's have more pitchers than spots and someone probably gets traded. Also if the deferred money is not included the O's are about 4m below that 120m mark.

2015 Payroll Estimate

1) 13m Jones - CF

2) 12.25m Jimenez - SP1/RP7

3) 12m Davis - 1B

4) 11.5m Hardy - SS

5) 8.8m Norris - SP2

6) 8.275m Wieters - C

7) 5.475m De Aza - LF

8) 4.75m Chen - SP4

9) 4.65m Hunter - RP1

10) 4.315m Tillman - SP

11) 4.25m O'Day - RP2

12) 3.7m Gonzalez - SP5

13) 3.2m Britton - RP3

14) 3.2m Matusz - RP

15) 2.75m Webb - RP4

16) 2.25m Young - DH

17) 2.2m Pearce - DH/1B/OF

18) 2.1m Snider - OF

19) 2m Markakis - (Buyout)

20) 1.75m Yoon - RP (starts in the minors)

21) 1.7m W. Wright - RP

22) 1.075m Flaherty - UIF

23) .53m Machado - 3B

24) .52m Gausman - SP6

25) .52m Schoop - 2B

26) .515m Joseph - C

27) .51m Brach - RP6

28) .507.5m Lough - OF

29) .507.5m Hassan

30) .5m Bonilla (deferred compensation)

31) .445m Bundy (starts in the minors)

Sub Total 119.9025m of earned salary

Minus 2.25m deferred from Jimenez

Minus 2m deferred from Hardy(best guess)

Total 115.6525m salaries to be paid in 2015

It has been reported the 6.5M of Hardy's contract is deferred but no word yet on how it is distributed of the contract term.

Signing bonuses are shown in the year they are paid. Performance bonuses are not included.

Minor quibble, but I think you are using the $5.9 mm MLBTR estimate for De Aza, which turned out to be higher than the demand De Aza has made in the arbitration proceedings. His salary will be at least $250 k less than you've listed (he demanded $5.65 mm, O's offered $5.3 mm).

Does anyone know for a FACT what the 2015 Payroll number for the budget is, and if so, what is that number? I have heard 120M mentioned all winter, but never read where that number originated from. It is a nice round number and might have been the result of taking the 2014 number and using a Factor to it.

I am sure that it has been mentioned many times and I apologize for the repetition but' date=' how long do the Bonilla payments last?[/quote']

This is the final season of the Bonilla payments. But they owe Vlad Guerrero $3 million to be paid over the next two seasons (assuming $1.5 million per year).

Does anyone know for a FACT what the 2015 Payroll number for the budget is, and if so, what is that number? I have heard 120M mentioned all winter, but never read where that number originated from. It is a nice round number and might have been the result of taking the 2014 number and using a Factor to it.

I would be willing to bet $20 that even DD doesn't have an exact number! Certainly fans don't know.

Minor quibble, but I think you are using the $5.9 mm MLBTR estimate for De Aza, which turned out to be higher than the demand De Aza has made in the arbitration proceedings. His salary will be at least $250 k less than you've listed (he demanded $5.65 mm, O's offered $5.3 mm).

He is using MLBTR estimates for all the arbitration players. If you want to use the midpoints instead, Pearce's number would go up $1.5 million, De Aza would go down $575K, Gonzalez would go down $475K, and Britton would stay the same.

He is using MLBTR estimates for all the arbitration players. If you want to use the midpoints instead, Pearce's number would go up $1.5 million, De Aza would go down $575K, Gonzalez would go down $475K, and Britton would stay the same.

My point on De Aza is that he will definitely be lower than what MLBTR estimated. I'm fine with using their estimates on the others.

The Orioles budget target is not made public. 120M is just a guess.

Good point. I will adjust it to the middle point.

Archived