Fangraphs: Orioles Do Something

weams

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/orioles-do-something-add-lottery-ticket-travis-snider/

He's still only turning 27 next month, and despite the disappointments, he's been basically a league-average hitter over the last three seasons, cutting his whiff rate by eight percent last year. His batted ball distance jump in 2014 was the third-biggest of anyone in baseball, all the way up to No. 8 overall, and No.1 overall if you're looking only at lefty hitters. (Yasmani Grandal is a switch-hitter.) The non-Coors guys in front of him? Paul Goldschmidt, George Springer, Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Abreu, and Cabrera. It's impressive company. His peripherals offer hope: He struck out less, walked more. He's been swinging less overall, and making contact more.

I linked it in the Snider thread but good idea here. Not sure anyone noticed. I like the last line: "....it's absolutely worth trying."

Thank you. I thought there were probably folks who could use it that would be dissuaded by Snider hate in that thread ;)

He gets a fresh start with a team that would like him to succeed. He doesnt have to hit 25 HRs or bat .300. He just needs to deliver an OPS+ > 100 and play solid defense. If he bats in the bottom third of the order and does that its a very positive addition to the club. I think he may surprise us. I am encouraged by this 2014 second half stats.

From the video! Potential Orioles lineup:

1. De Aza - LF

2. Machado - 3B

3. Jones - CF

4. Davis - DH

5. Snider - RF

6. Hardy - SS

7. Pearce - 1B

8. Joseph - C

9. Schoop - 2B

2:11 mark. I don't agree but there you go. No Wieters!

Wieters lost his job to Joseph huh?

From the video! Potential Orioles lineup:

1. De Aza - LF

2. Machado - 3B

3. Jones - CF

4. Davis - DH

5. Snider - RF

6. Hardy - SS

7. Pearce - 1B

8. Joseph - C

9. Schoop - 2B

2:11 mark. I don't agree but there you go. No Wieters!

Why Pearce at 1b over Davis? I prefer Davis there personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't know what they're thinking. Doubling up lefties at 4-5 in order to finish the lineup R-R-R-R?

Yeah, Buck likes alternating but I don't see Snider higher in the order than Pearce to start either. Maybe 6th or 7th depending on Wieters.

Archived