PECOTA hates the Orioles (again)

MurphDogg

Bad news guys, Baseball Prospectus's PECOTA projections are out and for the 12th consecutive year, the Orioles are going to finish in last place. At least we will win 78 games and will only be 8 games out of first. I'm not sure why the team will allow 105 more runs than last season with the same pitching staff (minus 20 innings of Andrew Miller) and what will likely be better defense, but the projections are never wrong. Tampa Bay is clearly the co-favorite in the AL East. Maybe next year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad news guys, Baseball Prospectus's PECOTA projections are out and for the 12th consecutive year, the Orioles are going to finish in last place. At least we will win 78 games and will only be 8 games out of first. I'm not sure why the team will allow 105 more runs than last season with the same pitching staff (minus 20 innings of Andrew Miller) and what will likely be better defense, but the projections are never wrong. Tampa Bay is clearly the co-favorite in the AL East. Maybe next year.

Tampa? I figured they would be in last place.

Did these come out before or after the Snider trade?

Last year the Orioles were the second best team in baseball in team defense and the Mariners were last in the Majors. Next season, they will be 11th and the Mariners will be 8th. I knowing having Manny Machado back and losing Nelson Cruz and Nick Markakis who are known for their advanced defensive metrics will hurt us, but I'm really surprised that we will drop that far.

Geez, what is that guy's problem?

bill_pecota_autograph.jpg

He's angry that his name is being used to predict a sub-par season for the Orioles.

Wouldn't you be pissed if they used a saber-metric system called "STEVE A" to predict gloom for the 2015 Orioles ???

Archived