Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In this short sample size? No.

Either way, keeping both as opposed to keeping one is the right move. That said, if Reimold is hitting when his opt out comes up, I expect him to be here.

Young had an ISO of 140 last year. Reimold had an ISO of 203.

I don't see how leaving the potentially better player at Norfolk so you don't lose the inferior one makes sense.

No one is saying Gausman should be at Norfolk so the O's could have kept Webb.

Other then a couple of strippers (Aura and Mystique) there is nothing irreplaceable about Delmon Young.

Not much of a Delmon fan, are we? He will do what Buck needs him to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have never hid my dislike of him as a person or my lack of awe of him as a baseball player.

Delmon brings a hit tool.

Reimold brings power, speed and plate discipline.

Young had an ISO of 140 last year. Reimold had an ISO of 203.

I don't see how leaving the potentially better player at Norfolk so you don't lose the inferior one makes sense.

No one is saying Gausman should be at Norfolk so the O's could have kept Webb.

Other then a couple of strippers (Aura and Mystique) there is nothing irreplaceable about Delmon Young.

Obviously different situation. These are at least comparable players. Reimold's ISO isn't helpful if he can't stay healthy and then we waived Young.

What's the stripper thing? Is there a story there?

Delmon had 255 plate appearances. That's pretty close to 45 games.

And Nolan managed...hey, 78 AB's last year. What's another 177 between friends? And he even found the time to pose for some totally sweet gym pics. Yes, bro. He does even lift.

o

Chin up, Nolan. You'll get your chance.

The Orioles have faith in you. They gave you minor league contract, a spring training invite, and you were in the lineup with the regulars a lot of the time.

Patience is a virtue. :cool:

Curious, what do you have against him as a person?

Delmon brings a lot of baggage with him. From hitting umpires to politically incorrect remarks. That said, these things were in the past and he seems to have matured a bit recently.

I like Nolan a lot, but as others have continued to say, for various reasons there is no spot for Nolan right now. If he rakes in Norfolk, there will be chances to force his way onto the roster, but for now, there is no spot.

The fact that Norfolk has so much talent that "could" play for the Big League club shows what an outstanding job Duke has done restocking this organization with depth. The Orioles have come a long way from the dark years of 1998-2010.

• 3 weeks later...
Curious, what do you have against him as a person?
Delmon brings a lot of baggage with him. From hitting umpires to politically incorrect remarks. That said, these things were in the past and he seems to have matured a bit recently.

I like Nolan a lot, but as others have continued to say, for various reasons there is no spot for Nolan right now. If he rakes in Norfolk, there will be chances to force his way onto the roster, but for now, there is no spot.

The fact that Norfolk has so much talent that "could" play for the Big League club shows what an outstanding job Duke has done restocking this organization with depth. The Orioles have come a long way from the dark years of 1998-2010.

Hate speech /=/ politically incorrect remarks.

Archived