Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Drungo you need a LOT of data to supersede the established paradigm. Look at Jones for instance, years of reverse splits, his career splits are still reversed but last year he destroyed left handed pitching (300 point OPS spread).

Odds are good by the end of this or next years Jones' numbers will fall in line with most everyone else's.

Yes. Platoon splits take eons to stabilize. My assumption for everyone is that they have normal splits unless they've been in the league since 1933, or their splits are beyond extreme.

I sure don't understand that. None of those players have Traditional Splits except Pearce.

Platoon splits are usually hard to analyze.

I just like the idea of seeing all four of them play in some sort of capacity until (hopefully) one of them takes the job and runs with it.

According to Drungo you need a LOT of data to supersede the established paradigm. Look at Jones for instance, years of reverse splits, his career splits are still reversed but last year he destroyed left handed pitching (300 point OPS spread).

Odds are good by the end of this or next years Jones' numbers will fall in line with most everyone else's.

We used to have much better LHP in the division years ago imo. Sometimes facing them 4-5 times a year.

That's true but a little misleading. Nolan Reimold started 5 games in RF for Toronto last year. He started 4 games in LF for Arizona. In Nolan Reimolds ML career, he's started a total of 8 games in RF, so we can assume he started 3 in RF during his Orioles career. One of them was before Buck. The other two were in 2011. Reimold has not started a game in RF in the minors since 2008 at Bowie. So, what's the basis for Buck believing that Nolan is a better RF than Delmon Young? It can't really be based on watching both of them play RF.

Nolan wasn't going to move Nick from right field.

No kidding. But he wasn't even playing RF in the minors. I'm not even trying to say Reimold isn't a better RF than Delmon Young. I just think it was odd to see Reimold replacing Young late in a game for defense, considering it's a position he's played very sparingly over the last 6 years, anywhere. He's not noted as being a very good defensive LF by the metrics or by most of us. It's a very simple and basic question.

Maybe there really isn't a gap in Delmon and Nolan's perceived defense. Nolan would have lead off the ninth and maybe he didn't want Lough hitting if Boston tied it up. Last night he ran for Snider instead of replacing Young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding. But he wasn't even playing RF in the minors. I'm not even trying to say Reimold isn't a better RF than Delmon Young. I just think it was odd to see Reimold replacing Young late in a game for defense, considering it's a position he's played very sparingly over the last 6 years, anywhere. He's not noted as being a very good defensive LF by the metrics or by most of us. It's a very simple and basic question.

He played mostly RF in the minors until he finally got called up in 2009. Here are the numbers of games played in RF in the minors before 2009:

2005 - 39 (and 30 in CF)

2006 - 95 reg season; 24 in AZ fall league

2007 - 51 reg season; 23 in AZ fall league

2008 - 126

Maybe there really isn't a gap in Delmon and Nolan's perceived defense. Nolan would have lead off the ninth and maybe he didn't want Lough hitting if Boston tied it up. Last night he ran for Snider instead of replacing Young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This double-switch makes sense, as it keeps Lough from leading off in the event the Sox tie the game.

Archived