Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

Wondering if wildcard is in fact Dan Duquette, because this is exactly the sort of Pollyananaish thinking that has driven this entire off season...

If I were Dan Duquette I would not think that working for a guy like Ed Rogers is a desirable position.

As far as the OP. You should read it again. Nolan is a valuable player when healthy. He is just rarely healthy. In fact what the OP shows is how poor some of the other players that will be competing for playing time appear to be.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Apologies,

I appreciate what you bring to the board and how much insight you have of the O's.

What I'm saying is with how great the 2014 season was without Matt,Manny and Chris it's difficult to think they could be better without Cruz,Nick and Miller.It just doesn't seem like an even trade up. Will Matt be able to catch and hit and Manny how long of a season will he have, then Chris will he hit like he did in 2013?

It just seems like the O's could of added a solid piece in the off season to help maintain there 2014 season. I hope our pitching maintains it's 2014 edge and there are some potential role player's it's just hard to visualize the out come.

I do believe there could have been some additions made, but I'm not the GM and it's sad to say we didn't have one most of the winter.

I think you under sell the O's. Their pitching was third in the AL last year and every one but Miller is back. That pitching should be better this year because Gausman will probably be better and Wallace/Chiti improved the team month by month last year. April and May should be better months for the pitching staff than in 2014.

The defense should be solid because Buck is unlikely to give much playing time to any fielder that isn't solid.

The O's have six All-Star players in Jones, Hardy, Manny, Davis, Wieters and Tillman. Duquette has assembled enough depth that if some players stumble others will be there to pick up the team. This team is a playoff contender because of the pitching, defense, All-Star caliber performers and the depth.

I have zero confidence that Reimold can stay healthy. I think it will be a mistake to choose him over a guy that has some potential that might need to be exposed to waivers or can elect free agency etc. With Nolan his next trip to the DL is not a matter of If, but a matter of When.

I have zero confidence that Reimold can stay healthy. I think it will be a mistake to choose him over a guy that has some potential that might need to be exposed to waivers or can elect free agency etc. With Nolan his next trip to the DL is not a matter of If, but a matter of When.

Nolan stayed healthy last year, so it does appear that he can.

With that said, I am not sure even a healthy Nolan is going to play at such a high level, to force DD to make a 25 man roster spot for him

Nolan stayed healthy last year, so it does appear that he can.

With that said, I am not sure even a healthy Nolan is going to play at such a high level, to force DD to make a 25 man roster spot for him

What makes you think that De Aza, Snider, Young and Lough are all going to play well enough to keep Nolan, Alvarez, Urrutia or Parmelee in the minors?

What makes you think that De Aza, Snider, Young and Lough are all going to play well enough to keep Nolan, Alvarez, Urrutia or Parmelee in the minors?

De Aza will make atleast 5m. He's a given. Lough is about the only speed on the team. Young is going to be solid enough to stick. DD has had a crush on Snider for awhile, and it seems Buck does too. I like Parmelee. Alvarez needs more time. No room for a slap hitting DH like Urrutia. Nolan will probably get hurt before the plane lands in Sarasota.

De Aza will make atleast 5m. He's a given. Lough is about the only speed on the team. Young is going to be solid enough to stick. DD has had a crush on Snider for awhile, and it seems Buck does too. I like Parmelee. Alvarez needs more time. No room for a slap hitting DH like Urrutia. Nolan will probably get hurt before the plane lands in Sarasota.

I am not talking about to start the season. Do you think De Aza, Snider, Young and Lough stay healthy and perform well enough to keep all these guys in the minors all season? I think the odds are against it.

I am not talking about to start the season. Do you think De Aza, Snider, Young and Lough stay healthy and perform well enough to keep all these guys in the minors all season? I think the odds are against it.

With their roles and history, I'd say the odds they stay healthy are decent to really good.

And if they stay healthy, I don't see anyone in the minors that will outperform them enough to warrant a change. Maybe Parmelee. Does he have an opt out?

Flaherty. Three years running. I fully expect it to start up the first time Schoop has an 0-fer.

The difference is that there are those who somehow seem to continually believe not just that Nolan Reimold is going to contribute, but that he is going to somehow be a major contributor, and they have rung that bell constantly in this forum every winter since 2009. Reimold has played just over 200 games (out of 810) in the last five complete major league seasons primarily due to recurrent injury. He has only played over 100 games once in his entire ML career and that was in 2009 and even then (six years ago at age 25) he only played in 109 games. The idea that he is going to even be on this AL East division defending 25 man roster is pretty unlikely, imho.

Archived