With Orioles' GM issues resolved, Brady Anderson happy to stay behind the scenes

PressBoxOnline

These are smart things for Brady to say. First of all it's classy, second of all its him saying he's a company man at a time that people watching the Orioles top to bottom, owner to fan, are worried Dan is not that company man. He knows exactly what to say here. Brady's star has really risen in the last few years from a generic former player doing some work in the game to a guy being looked at as an Executive. It's an impressive charge on his part. He seems to be an extremely savvy guy.

I also don't believe him one bit, that he hadn't really thought about it :laughlol:. Especially because he does seem so savvy. Brady clearly knows what's going on and what to say right now. And I hope he's rewarded when the time comes. Clearly he has an excellent rapport with the players he's been working with. I think when you add up all of the things he is doing, his ambitions are clear. He's also in the sort of position where new GMs typically get plucked up from.

Adding all this up I think there's a much better than average shot he eventually gets a chance to do this kind of thing. And I hope he does. Right now I have every reason to think he can do a good job at it.

Thanks for sharing this. As a discussion point, how many star players have had success in top front-office roles?

Modern ERA baseball, these names come to my mind:

Hank Aaron, Joe Torre, George Brett and Ted Simmons.

Some other players have moved into the FO in the last couple of years, a bit early to see if they will be successful or not.

If Brady were to ever become the GM of the Orioles then the team should immediately move to have the following rule put into place.

"The draft order for the rule 4 draft shall be determine by push ups. The top pick shall go to the GM who does the most push ups followed by next and so on. Ties shall be broken by sit ups."

Thanks for sharing this. As a discussion point, how many star players have had success in top front-office roles?
Modern ERA baseball, these names come to my mind:

Hank Aaron, Joe Torre, George Brett and Ted Simmons.

Some other players have moved into the FO in the last couple of years, a bit early to see if they will be successful or not.

Torre had success as a manager, but not as a front office guy, right?

Archived