Ethier for Jiminez Trade Article on Bleacher Report

unitastoheap

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ethier is described in the article as an OF who "has to play a lot to get into a rhythm" and improve on his mediocre performance of last year, and who "needs to be an everyday player." That doesn't sound like Buck's kind of guy. Jones, Hardy and Machado have earned that kind if status. Ethier sure hasn't. Pass.

Ethier is described in the article as an OF who "has to play a lot to get into a rhythm" and improve on his mediocre performance of last year, and who "needs to be an everyday player." That doesn't sound like Buck's kind of guy. Jones, Hardy and Machado have earned that kind if status. Ethier sure hasn't. Pass.

The thing is, he hasn't really been an everyday player for the past five seasons. Not much pop for a corner outfielder anymore, but he does get on base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that we'd have to get rid of an OFer, but why would LAD want $5M+ fifth outfielder?

Wouldn't he be there 4th OFer in this scenario? Why would the Orioles want to keep a 5th OF making $5M+. The Dodgers have shown a willingness to eat money to make deals happen.

Wouldn't he be there 4th OFer in this scenario? Why would the Orioles want to keep a 5th OF making $5M+. The Dodgers have shown a willingness to eat money to make deals happen.

He's a likely starter here. I'd imagine De Aza would be behind Crawford, Puig, van Slyke, and Pederson in LA.

I thought the article was over when I read the Dodgers could rid themselves of a malcontent. IF the Orioles did this move there would be no added player and I bet the difference in money would have to be fully eaten by the Dodgers.

Even then, I don't know that I would do it. But I'm not GM.

The thing is, he hasn't really been an everyday player for the past five seasons. Not much pop for a corner outfielder anymore, but he does get on base.

If he played as a regular, that OBP would crater in my opinion.

Archived