Ethier for Jiminez Trade Article on Bleacher Report

unitastoheap

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, he's really fallen off. And we've got no need for an outfielder who's 33.

I'm all about getting rid of Ubaldo but it's not like whoever we'd be trading him to are looking at him like he's some sort of grand prize. Unless we end up eating a lot of salary we're probably not going to get someone thrilling in return.

The thing is, he hasn't really been an everyday player for the past five seasons. Not much pop for a corner outfielder anymore, but he does get on base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 550+ PA counts as everyday player. That's 4 PA over 140 games. He's averaged 598 PA over the past 5 seasons prior to 2014. Never played less than 135 games over that span.

I don't like this deal, but thought this was worth noting.

I think 550+ PA counts as everyday player. That's 4 PA over 140 games. He's averaged 598 PA over the past 5 seasons prior to 2014. Never played less than 135 games over that span.

I don't like this deal, but thought this was worth noting.

He got old quickly. Look at the last three years. He's not going back.

Man, he's really fallen off. And we've got no need for an outfielder who's 33.

I'm all about getting rid of Ubaldo but it's not like whoever we'd be trading him to are looking at him like he's some sort of grand prize. Unless we end up eating a lot of salary we're probably not going to get someone thrilling in return.

If I'm not mistaken he'd be our oldest player. Doesn't seem like DD's MO for a three-year commitment, unless the Dodgers are eating a healthy amount.

Not at all. I wouldn't want the Orioles to get him unless the Dodgers paid 80% of his contract and took an organizational guy in the trade.

Well suppose the LAD did that, where would you play Ethier? He isn't as good 4th OF as Lough and he might be a better LH DH than Snider, but he would still cost more, and we'd have to give up a player as well. Doesn't make sense IMO.

Honestly, at this point, unless someone is crazy, Ubaldo is worth more to us as a lottery ticket than any trade. Similar to Davis (I'm much more bullish on Davis, but there is no reason to trade him at this point on his value curve).

<iframe src='http://m.orioles.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=31051171&topic_id=8879234&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Archived