Season Tickets

MdSooner

It really can't hurt to call to see if you can get any information. I don't believe 13 game plans are going to be assigned to a rep.

New 13 game plans.

The name of their rep is the "Ticket Services" Group. It is several younger reps that have pool responsibilities.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really can't hurt to call to see if you can get any information. I don't believe 13 game plans are going to be assigned to a rep.

I've been in contact with the O's (beleaguered? overburdened? lazy? incompetent?) ticketing people within the last couple of days. I was a former season ticket holder who didn't renew prior to last year because I was pi$$ed the O's hadn't done much in the way of player-acquisitions for most of that offseason (i.e., just before they went and signed Cruz and Ubaldo...timing's funny). Last fall I placed a deposit to get tickets again, but I've received almost nothing but static from the ticket office. Their last response to my update request(s) was:

"We are hoping to begin sending out season plan member information next week via e-mail, to fans that placed a deposit on 2015 season tickets. At that time you will be given instructions as to how to choose your plan type and seating location online.

You will have to purchase a plan that is at minimum the amount of your deposit.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience throughout this process."

Take that for what it's worth, because on January 14th they told me that new plan holders would be hearing from reps in mid-February. Now they're saying its going to be emailed instructions for online selection. Suffice it to say I'm not pleased with how they've handled themselves, especially with the aborted 20/40 plan situation.

I put a deposit down on a 13 game package last year. Haven't heard a word from anyone. Should I call? No idea how this process works.

I just called and they told me they will definitely get to us by next week. I also called last week and they said the same thing, though.

I've been in contact with the O's (beleaguered? overburdened? lazy? incompetent?) ticketing people within the last couple of days. I was a former season ticket holder who didn't renew prior to last year because I was pi$$ed the O's hadn't done much in the way of player-acquisitions for most of that offseason (i.e., just before they went and signed Cruz and Ubaldo...timing's funny).
I have found all the folks, all the way up to Neil Aloise, to be very hard workers with the limited lead time that they have been given. The jobs are totally different from what they were prior to becoming a winning organization. It is a shame that you gave up before the miracle. They do treat those who have been aboard for the long term with some other benefits. If you PM, I can help you with your dissatisfaction I think.

I have found all the folks, all the way up to Neil Aloise, to be very hard workers with the limited lead time that they have been given. The jobs are totally different from what they were prior to becoming a winning organization. It is a shame that you gave up before the miracle. They do treat those who have been aboard for the long term with some other benefits. If you PM, I can help you with your dissatisfaction I think.

I appreciate that. And yes...I was more than a little miffed at my poor timing/lack of foresight, especially since I wound up changing jobs and moving back to downtown Baltimore within 10 months of that decision.

Ultimately, though, venting is helpful on its own. While I'm sure there are plenty of people working in the ticket office who are both capable and enthusiastic, the organzation's (i.e., macro-level) failure to provide (anything resembling) consistent updates concerning the ticket-selection process is the real problem. Would it have killed them to send out even monthly mass-emails to those of us who've been waiting for months and months for the process to resolve?

As things stand now, I'm just going to continue waiting it out. If I'm not sent an email/choice for tickets before all the good ones are gone, I'll just buy a cheap package with the value of my deposit and trade those tickets in for a small handful of better seats/games. It's less than ideal, but it is what it is.

I appreciate that. And yes...I was more than a little miffed at my poor timing/lack of foresight, especially since I wound up changing jobs and moving back to downtown Baltimore within 10 months of that decision.

Ultimately, though, venting is helpful on its own. While I'm sure there are plenty of people working in the ticket office who are both capable and enthusiastic, the organzation's (i.e., macro-level) failure to provide (anything resembling) consistent updates concerning the ticket-selection process is the real problem. Would it have killed them to send out even monthly mass-emails to those of us who've been waiting for months and months for the process to resolve?

As things stand now, I'm just going to continue waiting it out. If I'm not sent an email/choice for tickets before all the good ones are gone, I'll just buy a cheap package with the value of my deposit and trade those tickets in for a small handful of better seats/games. It's less than ideal, but it is what it is.

You know they read your rants. I pass others of them on. You are helping to build a better world.

You will have to purchase a plan that is at minimum the amount of your deposit.

This is news to me. I was told when I put in a $250/seat deposit for the 13-game that the Orioles would refund the deposit as necessary.

I also upgraded to the 20-game plan, and so put down an extra $125/seat deposit. I would really be miffed if the Orioles forced me to buy a 13-game plan which was $375 or more.

This is news to me. I was told when I put in a $250/seat deposit for the 13-game that the Orioles would refund the deposit as necessary.

I also upgraded to the 20-game plan, and so put down an extra $125/seat deposit. I would really be miffed if the Orioles forced me to buy a 13-game plan which was $375 or more.

I think they will allow you to carry a balance forwRd on your account as a credit. Or even give you a voucher for tickets and food.

I think they will allow you to carry a balance forwRd on your account as a credit. Or even give you a voucher for tickets and food.

Thanks for the info Weams.

I'll reserve judgement until the Orioles confirm with me that the extra $125 is non-refundable. But hypothetically, if that is their policy, even as a credit, that would not be right. I paid them that money with the deal that they would provide a 20-game plan. I'm not pleased that they didn't follow through on it. But the Orioles certainly shouldn't keep that extra $125 if they aren't making good on their end of the deal.

Thanks for the info Weams.

I'll reserve judgement until the Orioles confirm with me that the extra $125 is non-refundable. But hypothetically, if that is their policy, even as a credit, that would not be right. I paid them that money with the deal that they would provide a 20-game plan. I'm not pleased that they didn't follow through on it. But the Orioles certainly shouldn't keep that extra $125 if they aren't making good on their end of the deal.

I don't have any information on that specific problem, but I would hope that your situation represents a unique, "exception to the rule" scenario since they solicited deposits for, then nixed, the 20- and 40-game plan options. I'd be surprised if you aren't able to recoup that extra money, but you'll probably have to call/speak with a human rep before it happens.

Archived