Roch: Ubaldo Did Not Throw While A Free Agent

weams

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The kid was born late Tuesday night, he rejoined the team on Thursday and pitched on Friday in game one where he walked the bases loaded, the following batter hit a groundball and they got the force at home and then O'Day came in and got a double-play groundball. That doesn't entirely fit your narrative.
You're right. He almost got walloped but he did his sinker-closer thing and got the force at home. Then O'Day came in and got the double play. I'm getting old and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. :rolleyestf:

That's ok. He's an Oriole. So folks would day that is reason enough to bash him. There were many pitchers worse than Ubaldo last year. And he did not weigh in Thursday at 307 lbs. He strikes out a bunch of guys, does not give up homers, and has a fastball that has crazy movement.

Seems some people forget/don't know this. Ubaldo can make batters take ugly swings and force bad contact. That movement does impact his BB rate, which comes with the territory.

Yeah but what competitor wants to watch something they aren't competing in. How many nfl players don't watch the Super Bowl. I'm sure he followed and rooted us on. But hey the O's were the ones that left him off the roster. So we expect a person to not want to go home to his family after a full mlb season. Oh yeah, but we accept when guys miss gameS because the birth of a child.

Seems much more understandable not to travel with the team when you are not on the roster. He would have returned if added back to roster for world series. What year was it that it became commonplace and acceptable for players to miss games for childbirths? Especially playoff games!

Archived