Cintron signs with Cubs

birdsfan4ever

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way he'd take a minor league deal over a major league deal - no matter what the teams. It must mean that the O's took the deal off the table - or they never offered him a major league deal.

I think this is a sign the BRob to Cubs deal is close.

Dave has said that the Cubs were looking at Cintron to be their UTi guy and that getting him makes it a lot easier for them to deal Cedeno.

Maybe the Cubs told the Orioles that they need will get the deal done with Cedeno in it but that we had to back off Cintron?

I'm curious to hear if Cubs fans think this signing makes the Roberts deal more or less likely.

P.S. I think this deserves it's own thread as the other is crazy long and covering a wide range of topics.

Makes a deal very likely. Whether that is with the O's or somebody else remains to be seen. O's and the Angels would be the most likely.

I'm curious to hear if Cubs fans think this signing makes the Roberts deal more or less likely.

P.S. I think this deserves it's own thread as the other is crazy long and covering a wide range of topics.

I certainly think it makes the Roberts deal more likely. Cedeno would be part of the deal and now the Cubs have a back up SS.

Archived