Cintron signs with Cubs

birdsfan4ever

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe it or not, I would probably bat Mora leadoff and bat Adam Jones second. We all KNOW that Melvin Mora has always had a better approach at the plate as a table setter than as a run producer. We have a better chance of Mora putting up numbers that will make him tradable if his approach is that of a table setter.

I like the idea of Mora leading off if Roberts is traded. He's not your typical leadoff guy (lacks the blazing speed), but I think it would change his approach at the plate and make him a better player overall.

He played everywhere except CF and C last year. DeRosa has a decent OBP and could be a legitimate lead-off man. He would be a cheaper option than keeping Roberts.

George, have you read or heard anything that indicates this is being considered? I've not seen anything discussing any possibility of DeRosa coming back in a Roberts trade.

With our 40-man issues, I doubt that DeRosa could be the mysterious 4th man. As has been discussed, it seems far more likely that the 4th man would be a prospect who is not on the 40-man roster. I'm not sure that it would make a whole lot of sense for either team.

Now, I'm not totally against getting DeRosa back. He can be an excellent place-holder for a couple years. I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Murton in the deal. Something like Gallagher, Cedeno, DeRosa, and Colvin. With his $4.75M this year and $5.5M next, I'd definitely insist that Payton has to be included with Roberts to the Cubs. I'd rather be getting DeRosa for Payton than Uribe.

Realistically, though, I'm not seeing it.

Come on man, you're smarter than that... they wouldn't have that specific discussion... they would use code words etc that would have some implication but never actually sound like collusion. It's entirely possible...

I aknowledged what you are saying in my posts.

George, have you read or heard anything that indicates this is being considered? I've not seen anything discussing any possibility of DeRosa coming back in a Roberts trade.

With our 40-man issues, I doubt that DeRosa could be the mysterious 4th man. As has been discussed, it seems far more likely that the 4th man would be a prospect who is not on the 40-man roster. I'm not sure that it would make a whole lot of sense for either team.

Now, I'm not totally against getting DeRosa back. He can be an excellent place-holder for a couple years. I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Murton in the deal. Something like Gallagher, Cedeno, DeRosa, and Colvin. With his $4.75M this year and $5.5M next, I'd definitely insist that Payton has to be included with Roberts to the Cubs. I'd rather be getting DeRosa for Payton than Uribe.

Realistically, though, I'm not seeing it.

I have not seen or heard anything in print about DeRosa. But as a Cub fan, if the Roberts deal is stalled...then why would the Cubs need Cintron?

B&O, so he is older than Roberts. Big deal. I just don't get the worry over someone that is 30 or 31 32 or 33. Some act like someone in their early 30's just can't play ball anymore. Geez what are you 17 or 18?

No. You just don't tend to sign guys at that age if you are rebuilding. It is a youth movement.

So I would say a deal happens now of Gallagher/Murton/Cedeno + 1 of Colvin/Ceda/Veal. How would you feel if that went down?
I think thats likely and that it would be a very good deal. I don't see Colvin being included though unless its in place of Murton, which might not be a terrible idea. I like Murton, but we're set in the OF for now, Colvin would be a decent gamble to take, and he wouldn't have to go on the 40-man. If he develops some plate discipline he can be an excellent player.

Archived