Cintron signs with Cubs

birdsfan4ever

The Angels are said to be one of a few teams with interest in Jason Marquis, after the shoulder injury suffered by Kelvim Escobar.

The Angels also have been rumored to be looking for an upgrade at 3B. Some have speculated that DeRosa might be a fit there.

The Cubs are after Chone Figgins.

It's always the Angels willing to screw up an Orioles deal. I hate those guys.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were the Orioles I would take Patterson he has hit in every league he has been in.People forget he was voted the best 2nd baseman in the Pacific coast league.I also believe Murton is a natural 2 hole hitter with a little power.Murton runs better then people think.

Honestly, I would prefer Patterson to Cedeno, simply because Patterson could lead off.

What about getting Patterson and Cedeno and leaving out Murton? We seem to need middle infielders more than corner outfielders right now, and Patterson is strong enough offensively that he could be a DH/IF sub/4th OF candidate even if his defense doesn't improve enough to make him the starting second baseman.

I'm curious to hear if Cubs fans think this signing makes the Roberts deal more or less likely.

P.S. I think this deserves it's own thread as the other is crazy long and covering a wide range of topics.

Alex Cintron is not a player you sign that will have influence in trading another player. He is a 24th or 25th man type of player. I do not think he would be any different than LH. He may be better with the bat, but not is not a strong thrower and is not as good with the glove.

As a Cub fan I am a big Murton fan this kid hits to all fields and is very patient at the plate.This is just my opinion I think he will hit be a 300 hitter in the bigs.I don't want to lose him but for Murtons sake I want to go to a team were he can play everyday.i would take Cedeno and E pat if I were the Orioles because your OF looks pretty set if you get Murton.Cedeno had a good September with some big hits for the Cubs and carried that over in Winter ball were he really played well.I thinks a trade of Murton,Cedeno,Epat and Gallegher would be a good trade for both teams.I like taking players who have a high ceiling than a safer player specially in the Orioles rebuilding process.When Hendry made that trade with the Padres know one knew who Ceda was and so far he has proggressed real well to this point.

Alex Cintron is not a player you sign that will have influence in trading another player. He is a 24th or 25th man type of player. I do not think he would be any different than LH. He may be better with the bat, but not is not a strong thrower and is not as good with the glove.

Actually, he is exactly the kind of guy who frees up a Theriot or a Cedeno to be part of a larger trade package.

If true, this won't end well.

The Cubs already have their Reggie Willits. His name is Sam Fuld.

Willits is a high OBP Major league guy. Fuld has not yet had the chance to show it in the majors.

Does this mean that Pie will be moved in a deal or that he and Willits will platoon and Hendry is going in another direction?

There is still a severe lack of depth at middle infield. If Roberts get traded the front line guys are AAAA players at best and I couldn't even name the backups.

LH, Bynum, Fahey

Then what? This doesn't leave much room for failure or injury.

If these guys are in the lineup then I'd say failure is guaranteed.:eek:

Willits is a high OBP Major league guy. Fuld has not yet had the chance to show it in the majors.

Does this mean that Pie will be moved in a deal or that he and Willits will platoon and Hendry is going in another direction?

Well the best-case scenario is that Willits is being obtained to platoon with Pie vs. LHP.

That I'd be OK with I guess, if the pricetag is modest.

Archived