Cintron signs with Cubs

birdsfan4ever

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
willits is better than pie. Willits to the cubs pie to orioles. cubs get willits and roberts yay! cubs only give up pie, fontenot, cedeno, marquis.

In that scenario the O's get Pie, but with Roberts gone and the return being Fontenot, they will be looking for another MI.

Maybe that is why the Uribe rumor is heating up?

Well the best-case scenario is that Willits is being obtained to platoon with Pie vs. LHP.

That I'd be OK with I guess, if the pricetag is modest.

I think WIllits is further along than Pie right now so I don't think he'd be traded to be a platoon player plus I don't think the price would be modest.

Garrett Anderson could be in his last year, so they may need another OF next year.

Alex Cintron is not a player you sign that will have influence in trading another player. He is a 24th or 25th man type of player. I do not think he would be any different than LH. He may be better with the bat, but not is not a strong thrower and is not as good with the glove.

If Cedeno was going to start the year in Iowa as insurance than Cintron can definitely fill that particular role. I agree that Cintron is not so good as to make a starter available for a trade.

If Cedeno was going to start the year in Iowa as insurance than Cintron can definitely fill that particular role. I agree that Cintron is not so good as to make a starter available for a trade.

He isn't making a starter available for trade, he is making the backup available for trade. Ryan Theriot is the starter.

If the Orioles were able to make a deal with the Cubs, say Patterson, Murton, Gallagher, Veal and traded Payton for Uribe, how happy would you be going into 08 with the moves made? Now I know Uribe isn't the favorite choice, but its only for 1 year and as it stands, Payton would be of little use to us, and Uribe adds some pop and is at worst an above average fielder.

1. Patterson 2b

2. Mora 3b

3. Markakis rf

4. Huff/Millar 1b

5. Hernandez c

6. Scott lf

7. Jones cf

8. Murton dh

9. Uribe ss

Redman/Gibbons, Millar/Huff, LH/Bynum, C

Rotation

1. Guthrie

2. Loewen

3. Cabrera

4. Gallagher

5. Patton/Penn/Olson/Burres

I mentioned about two weeks ago that my Oriole contact and I discussed a potential Roberts deal. I said to him we've got to get Chone Figgins from the Angels to lead off and help us in the speed department if Roberts is dealt and if Patterson doesn't come back (I think he'll be back). He said "I really like Figgins"....exciting player. My exact words for two years now. I was at the game this past season when I believe he had 4 or 5 hits and stole 2 or 3 bases. Mr Excitement! A crowd pleaser and a guy that upsets a lot of pitchers. If Figgins is rumored going to the Cubs he will be detoured to the Orioles. It would be great if we could get the Angels to take Mora in a 3 way deal. Figgins plays everywhere and is adequate at 3B. I would rather have Figgins at 3B and leading off and DeRosa at 2B. DeRosa is less expensive than Roberts and hits for a nice average and knocked in almost the same amount of runs as Roberts. If we can add Gallagher or Hill to round out this deal we will have continued our off season improvement plan.

The Roberts deal will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday.

I mentioned about two weeks ago that my Oriole contact and I discussed a potential Roberts deal. I said to him we've got to get Chone Figgins from the Angels to lead off and help us in the speed department if Roberts is dealt and if Patterson doesn't come back (I think he'll be back). He said "I really like Figgins"....exciting player. My exact words for two years now. I was at the game this past season when I believe he had 4 or 5 hits and stole 2 or 3 bases. Mr Excitement! A crowd pleaser and a guy that upsets a lot of pitchers. If Figgins is rumored going to the Cubs he will be detoured to the Orioles. It would be great if we could get the Angels to take Mora in a 3 way deal. Figgins plays everywhere and is adequate at 3B. I would rather have Figgins at 3B and leading off and DeRosa at 2B. DeRosa is less expensive than Roberts and hits for a nice average and knocked in almost the same amount of runs as Roberts. If we can add Gallagher or Hill to round out this deal we will have continued our off season improvement plan.

The Roberts deal will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday.

Whoa, this is heavy....

Archived