MASNRoch: Brady Anderson and Miguel Gonzalez

weams

I thought results in the minors were not overly important. I thought it was the process.

Guess I was wrong...again.

Someone should tell Buck that he is wrong to want a good defense behind his pitchers, they should all be dominating lineups.

If Gausman goes to AAA, I want him to throw sliders and slurves exclusively in games.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gausman to the pen or Norfolk. Norfolk makes the most sense, IMO, because it makes room for Garcia.
Gausman doesn't belong in the pen. He belongs in the rotation.

We will have to wait until we see how Gaus, Gonzo, and Ubaldo do in spring training. If they all do the same (hopefully very well), then have them draw straws and the short one goes either to AAA or the pen. :P

Gausman doesn't belong in the pen. He belongs in the rotation.

We will have to wait until we see how Gaus, Gonzo, and Ubaldo do in spring training. If they all do the same (hopefully very well), then have them draw straws and the short one goes either to AAA or the pen. :P

Gausman has been more effective in the pen than he has been in the rotation. He may become our best SP but he is not that now. There are those in the organization who see him as a RP because he is a two pitch pitcher at present. A stint in the pen or Norfolk won't kill him, and is advisable for all the reasons RZNJ has listed.

I think Gausman has the best arm of any of our starters currently. I think it would be a mistake to send him to Norfolk unless its very temporary in a number of starts issue. I think Gausman will end up as the Orioles ace if he stays healthy.

If he stays healthy and IF his third pitch is better than last year. If he only has two effective pitches, as a starter he wont be an ace this year. IF he gets his slider down, then he has all the makings of starting game 1 of the WS.

Archived