15 Years - 1.5 Billion Dollars

weams

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putting aside the legalities of the issue, it kind've makes it hard for MASN to complain about paying the Nats ~$60 mm/yr.

Let me try this... Lets say every team is viewed the same amount. And every team gets 60mm/yr like the Nats value themselves.

30 teams multiplied by 60 should be 900 million.

Multiply that by 15 years...

Seems like the Nats are really overvalued themselves.

Let me try this... Lets say every team is viewed the same amount. And every team gets 60mm/yr like the Nats value themselves.

30 teams multiplied by 60 should be 900 million.

Multiply that by 15 years...

Seems like the Nats are really overvalued themselves.

Your math is quite shoddy. 30x60 is 1800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of legerdemain in contracts of this sort. I wonder what the real number is and if the Diamondbacks will actually see it.

I find it unlikely that Fox Sports Arizona can make a profit while paying out an average of 150 million a year.

Lots of legerdemain in contracts of this sort. I wonder what the real number is and if the Diamondbacks will actually see it.

I find it unlikely that Fox Sports Arizona can make a profit while paying out an average of 150 million a year.

Arizona has about 6.7M people, so $150M is only $22/person/year. Or for just a low, low price of $1.86 a month you, too, can have Paul Goldschmidt as your team's cleanup hitter. Just so long as everyone has to pay for Fox Sports Arizona along with the channels they actually want.

How does a 15 year deal worth $1.5 bb equate to $150 million a year? It's $100 mm/yr. And, I'm sure it escalates over time, and is probably in the $50-70 mm range to start and then increasing.

How does a 15 year deal worth $1.5 bb equate to $150 million a year? It's $100 mm/yr. And, I'm sure it escalates over time, and is probably in the $50-70 mm range to start and then increasing.

Sorry, got hit with a bit of math dyslexia there.

Not meaning to trivialize those actually suffering from dyslexia.

Arizona has about 6.7M people, so $150M is only $22/person/year. Or for just a low, low price of $1.86 a month you, too, can have Paul Goldschmidt as your team's cleanup hitter. Just so long as everyone has to pay for Fox Sports Arizona along with the channels they actually want.

And the commercials will cover all the rest of their costs?

Where is the profit?

Archived