Jeffrey Maier Glove Sold At Auction for $22,705

weams

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be clear, he sold this prior to this auction for a lesser amount. He is using what he got for it for his kid's college tuition.

I know people dislike Jeff but it's quite silly being he was only a kid. It was the umpires fault for not making the right call, not his.

To be clear, he sold this prior to this auction for a lesser amount. He is using what he got for it for his kid's college tuition.

I know people dislike Jeff but it's quite silly being he was only a kid. It was the umpires fault for not making the right call, not his.

But if it makes one feel better to spew hatred .....go for it. It has worked for the republican party for years....:)

This is a baseball board, not a political board. Keep it that way. My extended family has a facebook group and bad things happen when someone decides to bring in politics.

I can think of several horribly awesome reasons to buy that piece of "memorabilia" and all of them result in a very upset Mr. Maier after opening a smelly box from UPS.

I like the way you think!

Alternatively if I were multi-millions super-rich, I'd buy this for an old fashioned bonfire and party. I'd invite you all and fly you in, we'd have a blast.

I like the way you think!

Alternatively if I were multi-millions super-rich, I'd buy this for an old fashioned bonfire and party. I'd invite you all and fly you in, we'd have a blast.

I agree with you. If I had the money...I'd buy it to destroy it.

And his parents felt for parading him around the news. Yeah, as much as I hate what happened I agree with you, he was only a kid.

I agree. It's wrong to hate on a 12 year old kid.

But it felt so right, at the time! Granted, I was only 17 when that infamous incident took place, but I catch your drift. I suppose most of my/our venom, in retrospect, should have been directed at the ump, and the cavalcade of NYers who disgustingly paraded him around and exploited him as a city hero. ***end rant** :)

Okay. But my point was made. He was 12 years old. He was a kid. Hate the ump.

You mean Richie Garcia? The same Richie Garcia that was given a slap-on-the-wrist reprimand for being indebted to gamblers at the same time that Pete Rose was being banned for life? That Richie Garcia? The same man who was standing at the wall looking straight up while the 12 year old kid was leaning far over the wall. That Richie Garcia? Sorry, I will always be bitter and disgusted by this.

Archived